As a Research Associate, you will:
- Acquire expertise in your sector working with a Senior Analyst who is a seasoned industry expert
- Become adept at in-depth analysis of your industry and companies
- Contribute to our highly differentiated written product
- Build relationships with company managements, as well as sales, trading and institutional clients
We make a strong commitment to Associate development, and give you opportunities to rapidly gain visibility and incremental responsibility. While our culture is intellectually rigorous, it is also very collegial and fun – Associates participate in a range of activities including philanthropy, development and leadership programs, social events, mentoring and annual on- and off-sites.
This role requires:
- A 1st class or 2:1 undergraduate degree in Science (Natural Sciences, Biology, Biochemistry) or Medicine (or related disciplines), from a university that is widely recognised as being ranked within the top 10-20 institutions in its field
- Prior experience of the Healthcare, Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology sectors gained within an investment bank, including an understanding of healthcare market trends, the drug development process, knowledge of specific therapy areas and an ability to build therapy market models
- Excellent broad-based analytical skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative backgrounds with an ability to create financial models
- Relentless intellectual curiosity, particularly within the assessment of drugs
London based. Immediate start.
We look for consummate team players who seek a highly rigorous and collegial environment for their career development. These are typically 3-5 year positions with outstanding growth potential. Historically, our associate positions have proven to be excellent platforms for successful professional careers in investing.
Please submit your CV amd cover letter by clicking on the "Apply" button. We look forward to learning more about you.
Bernstein is widely recognized as Wall Street's premier sell-side research and brokerage firm, with a global equity trading platform that spans the U.S., Europe, and Asia. Our firm was founded in the U.S. in 1967 and in the U.K. in 1999. Our research and trading capabilities are sought out by leading investment managers around the world, and we are annually ranked at the top of our industry by acknowledged arbiters. In independent surveys of major institutional clients, Bernstein's research is ranked #1 for overall quality, industry knowledge, most trusted, best detailed financial analysis, major company studies, most useful valuation frameworks and best original research. In Institutional Investor’s latest annual client survey, the leading survey by which research analysts in our industry are evaluated, over 90% of our U.S. analysts and the majority of our European Analysts were recognized as among the best in their respective fields – more than any other firm in our industry. We began operations in Hong Kong in 2010, and now cover a range of sectors across Asia. Our European research team is also home to Extel's #1-ranked analyst across Europe. In April 2019 Bernstein acquired Autonomous Research, a highly regarded global financial services independent research firm, covering 249 financial companies globally with a combined market capitalisation of $8.5 trillion. The combination of Bernstein and Autonomous solidifies our standing as the largest global independent research firm, and further positions us as the preeminent provider of the highest-quality independent research to our clients worldwide. The founding partners of Autonomous (ex. Merrill Lynch and Citi) were top ranked for five years in the European banking and insurance sectors. For more information about Autonomous Research, visit our website: #removed# Research has always been Bernstein's calling card. The brand is defined by our renowned Blackbooks, known for their unbiased, in-depth company and industry forecasts. We have a community of Research Analysts who are acknowledged thought leaders that typically have many years of experience in the industries they cover. Our reputation is for the very highest caliber of independent and disciplined investment and industry analysis. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of our buy-side parent, AB.