Job Title: Registered Nurse
Supervised By: Director of Clinical Services
Supervises Directly: LPN and CNA Direct Care Staff
Job Summary: Serves as a supervisor to all field staff to assure agency policiesand federal and state regulations; serves as liaison among the agency field staff, patients, hospitals, the medical community and general community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ARE:
· Appropriately evaluates the patient, initially and periodically throughout care;
· Develops and implements appropriate treatment programs to address problems identified; develops realistic personal goals with patient; re-evaluates, sets new goals and adjusts care accordingly in consultation with physician or intermediate care provider.
· Advises, consults and instructs on treatment or procedures, and supportive activities to patients, family members and other home health team members.
· Observes, records and reports to physician and/or supervisor, patient’s reaction to treatment, patient’s progress and any changes in patient’s condition.
· Assists patient and family with community resources needed to adjust to physical, mental and social limitations.
· Coordinates other service team members, both in formal and informal care conferences, to assure sufficient flow of information to support care of patient.
· Informs patient, family and physician verbally and in writing as needed regarding plan of care, progress, or changes and pending discharge.
· Provides accurate and timely documentation of care in accordance with agency policy and pay source requirements.
· Meets regulatory agency and/or pay source requirements regarding patient care.
· Effectively manages a caseload as established by agency.
· Participates, as requested, in orientation of new staff, in-service education, continuing education, utilization review and QI/QA programs.
· Uses agency approved software to enter evaluations and visit documentation.
OTHER DUTIES: Other duties as assigned.
This position supervises LPN and CNA direct care staff according to agency policies.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Licensed in Colorado as a Registered Nurse without stipulations.
Experience of a minimum of one (1) year as an RN, prefer home health experience.
ABILITIES, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
žAbility to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, professional journals, and legal documents.
žAbility to read and interpret physicians’ orders and notes from other caregivers as well as respond to them verbally and in writing.
žAbility to effectively present information to patients and employees and community.
žAbility to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
žAbility to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Registered Nurse (cont’d)
ABILITIES, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE: (cont’d)
žAbility to deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to improvise in a home setting.
žAbility to send/receive emails and use the internet for research and informational purposes.
žAbility to use computer for communication and documentation purposes.
žAbility to use independent judgment to manage and impart confidential information.
žSkill to attend to multiple tasks at once which are time sensitive.
žThorough knowledge of home health care practice, communication skills, and case management.
žBasic knowledge of Windows operating system and ability to advance computer skills as required.
žAbility to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, the public, and supervisors.
žActive Colorado RN license,
žCurrent CPR certification;
žCurrent TB screening upon hire and annually thereafter;
žPossession of a valid Colorado Driver's License with reliable transportation and applicable car insurance.
žAbility to regularly sit, stand, stoop, bend, kneel, walk, balance, crouch, crawl, push, pull, reach with hands and arms and talk and hear.
žAbility to frequently use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
žAbility to occasionally climb
žAbility to occasionally use sense of smell.
žAbility to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 100 pounds.
žAbility to perform the anticipated level of physical assist required to provide safe patient care. If the anticipated level of assist is greater than that which the employee can safely provide, the supervisor is to be notified immediately.
žAbility to use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception.
žAbility to adjust focus.
žThe employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions.
žThe work environment is highly variable, as care is provided in private homes.
žLighting, acoustics, air quality, temperature and environmental hazards are not predictable.
žThe employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, household pets/animals, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
žThe noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
The employee is required to travel frequently to complete home health visits.
We take care of our staff, not just our patients. If you are looking for field work, or an office job, look no further than 24/7. We are always hiring Clinicians and Support Staff, so why not join the team? Apply today!
Role: RN - PRN up to 90,000.00 per year
Apply for this job now.