B.L. Harbert International is looking for a Safety Coordinator to work at our International Headquarters, located in Birmingham, Alabama. Candidate will report directly to the International Senior Safety Manager.
· Provide MEP safety and health oversight
· Assist with development of safety and health training programs
· Provide temporary support to the international project sites
· Develop best practices and procedures to implement to all project sites
· Other duties as assigned
· Experience preparing and constructing effective training programs
· Experience designing and constructing professional training content and programs
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to manage delivery of training programs
· Ability to articulate training program development
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet required deadlines
· Ability to collaborate with others
· Ability to prepare formal, written documents
· Associate, Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in a Safety related field
· Learning Management Systems Experience
· Working knowledge of 29 CFR 1926 Construction Safety & Health Standards and Recordkeeping Requirements, 29 CFR 1910 General Industry Safety & Health Standards
To perform the duties of this job, the employee must:
· Have the ability to repetitively use hands to grasp, reach above and below with arms, and work overhead
· Have the ability to stoop, bend, walk, kneel, crouch and crawl
· Have the ability to lift, carry and/or move up to 25 lbs. of weight in the form of paper, boxes, files, etc.
· Have the ability to sit for extended periods with occasional standing required
· Possess the manual dexterity to operate office equipment, filing, and perform specialized skills
· Possess a high degree of concentration necessary in a busy office environment
To perform the duties of this job, the employee
· Must be able to work in an office environment
· Must have flexibility with hours in order to better accommodate business needs
B.L. Harbert International, LLC offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive US base salary, BCBS medical and dental, group insurance, 401K plan and paid holidays and vacation.
B.L. Harbert International, LLC is an EOE / Vets / Disabilities
BL Harbert International, LLC, is a diversified construction company working in the U.S. and abroad. The company is one of the country's most influential contractors, a leader in sustainable construction, and a top design-builder.
At the core of our success is a decentralized decision-making and management operating philosophy. This has led to the formation of two distinct operating groups: the U.S. Group and the International Group.
BL Harbert's International Group provides preconstruction, design-build and MEP engineering services for U.S. Government facilities, civil/industrial, commercial, and hospitality clients in various locations throughout the world.
Our rich experience and self-perform model allow BL Harbert to provide our clients with secure, professional construction in every corner of the world. Since 2000, we have performed in excess of $5 billion worth of new construction in over 30 countries; all of the work built to U.S. specifications and standards. We have a proven track record of delivering first class facilities in some of the most remote places on earth.
We make every effort to immerse ourselves in local cultures and contribute to the welfare of local communities. We also hire workers from the local workforce and, by training them and refining their abilities, provide them with a life skill that they will be able to use long after we have gone. Our goal is to leave behind not only a world-class building, but also a local population that has a new positive view of the United States.
Role: Safety Coordinator
Apply for this job now.