We serve. We respect our team. We innovate. We are consistent. We are accountable. We do it right.
Holland America Group is currently searching for a highly motivated Senior Staff Accountant who will ensure the accuracy, completeness, and compliance of accounting transactions for our Asia offices and that financial reporting is accurate and timely. This position reports to the Asia Accounting Manager.
We welcome your interest in joining Holland America Group - a division of Carnival Corporation. Holland America Group includes Holland America Line and Seabourn (both headquartered in Seattle, Washington), Princess Cruise Lines (headquartered in Santa Clarita, California), and P&O Australia (headquartered in Sydney). Holland America Group operates a combined total of 41 cruise ships with 36,000 employees worldwide. This position will be located in our Santa Clarita office.
- Participates in month-end close activities, including journal entry preparation.
- Participates in month-end operations review meetings, e-mail communications, and issue resolution.
- Prepares and analyzes balance sheet reconciliations and supporting documentation with focus on GAAP and IFRS compliance, and operational efficiencies.
- Prepares and analyzes communication of internal and external month-end reporting and analysis.
- Participates in statutory financial reporting activity, including coordination with various internal and external parties.
- Monitors workflows/systems to ensure correct and timely output, with a focus on increased efficiencies and continual assessment of controls.
- Participates in workflow and system enhancement design and implementations, and ensures proper testing of related system revisions.
- Manages and participates in multiple projects including project plans and functional design.
- Develops new desk-top procedures and maintains current desk-top procedures for assigned responsibilities.
- Independently provides ad hoc reporting and resolves issues by answering questions from external and internal customers.
- Performs/supports required SOX testing and provides related schedules and support to internal and external auditors.
- Monitors internal control environment to identify risks and weaknesses, and recommends changes to internal controls to improve the effectiveness of their design and operation.
- Bachelor's degree in finance and/or accounting or equivalent work experience. CPA preferred.
- Five or more years of related accounting experience in a mid to large size corporate environment.
- Familiar with generally accepted accounting principles and practices (GAAP) and international financial reporting standards (IFRS).
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong financial analysis and reporting skills.
- Strong analytical / spreadsheet skills.
- Strong project management skills and ability to work with multiple internal and external parties to manage projects to completion in a focused and timely manner.
- Ability to work with and solicit cooperation from individuals in a variety of internal departments and roles, and a variety of external parties.
- Hands on experience with financial accounting systems, Oracle and Quickbooks preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Fluency in Japanese and/or Mandarin preferred.
- Flexible Work Schedule! 9/80 alternative workweek schedule providing each employee with one (1) weekday off every two weeks.
- Time off benefits - 8 paid holidays, paid vacation, bonus vacation time and paid sick time
- Travel - Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
- Health - Complete benefit plans including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts
- Wellness - Health and wellness programs include, onsite exercise classes, onsite nutrition and lifestyle classes and discounted gym memberships
- Tuition Reimbursement - up to 75% with a maximum of $2000 per year
- 401(k) - Company match up to 6% of salary at 50% for the first 5 years and 100% thereafter
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan - up to a 15% discount off of FMV of CCL stock
- Training - In-house Princess University courses on professional development
- Rewards & Incentives - Employee Recognition and Reward Programs; rideshare, financial commuter incentives and free parking; special employee discounts for child care, banking services and retail stores
Next Steps… Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our goal is to be the number one cruise and cruise-tour provider. To make that happen, we need qualified, top-notch team members. If you're looking to get your talent noticed, apply today! Our application process is quick and easy:
Apply online at #. Enter the job title into the keyword search to access the job. If you are already on the Princess Cruises website be sure to create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.*LI-MS1
One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises first set sail in 1965 with a single ship cruising to Mexico. Today, the line has grown to become the third largest cruise line in the world, renowned for innovative ships, an array of onboard options, and an environment of exceptional customer service. A recognized leader in worldwide cruising, Princess offers approximately 1.7 million passengers each year the opportunity to escape to the top destinations around the globe, aboard a fleet of 18 modern vessels.
Princess Cruises was catapulted to stardom in 1977 when one of its ships, Pacific Princess was cast in a starring role on a new television show called "The Love Boat." The weekly series, which introduced millions of viewers to the concept of a sea-going vacation, was an instant hit and both the company name and its "seawitch" logo have remained synonymous with cruising ever since. The show, which can still be seen around the world, has been widely credited with fueling the dramatic expansion of the industry.
Role: SR. Staff Accountant
Location: Santa Clarita,
Apply for this job now.