Senior Network Communications Engineer JOB SUMMARY:
Provides support for the various Network systems to include LAN/WAN, VOIP ShoreTel and Zipwire Contact Center telephony platforms both on premise and cloud based technologies. Provides leadership for less experienced technical staff and works to resolve complex support requests which have been escalated for technical support. Responsible to design, implement, maintain and troubleshoot all systems on the LAN/WAN, Server, Storage and VoIP Telephony platforms to support the company's overall business strategy.
Senior Network Communications Engineer ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Administers, manages and maintains the network server and VoIP Telephony environments to ensure operational effectiveness of business systems.
- Administers, manages and maintains the network infrastructure environment comprised of hubs, switches, routers, intrusion protection systems, internet security systems and end point virus protection systems in both virtual and physical server environments.
- Administers and maintains the Microsoft O365 environment as it relates to network, storage and server components.
- Responsible for patch management and software deployment to ensure client computers and server platforms are properly updated.
- Designs, implements, audits and maintains documentation for disaster recovery and business continuity requirements, policies and procedures.
- Manages the licensing of networks, servers and applications relating to the network infrastructure.
- Consults with management and users to discuss and monitor system capacities and security requirements.
- Recommends new designs and implement new systems on the network by conducting research on new products and how to properly implement according the business requirements and need.
- Troubleshoots systems when experiencing issues to identify the problem and find a resolution. Determines root cause analysis and define preventative measures or best practice solutions to avoid future occurrences.
- Stays abreast of latest product upgrades to ensure that all systems software is up to date as possible.
- Logs all changes made to the network and infrastructure utilizing existing tracking systems.
- Results are measured by the creation of an auditable log referencing all system changes.
- Provides Help Desk support as needed.
- Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned.
Senior Network Communications Engineer REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Solid oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Project management and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and handle multiple priorities
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent business experience
- 5-7 years of network/systems management
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Server, Active Directory, Email Systems, DHCP and DNS services, Firewall Systems, access control and monitoring systems
- Prefer MCSE, CCNA or CCNP
- Must have VoIP ShoreTel and Aspect Zipwire CC management experience
Senior Network Communications Engineer SPECIAL JOB DIMENSIONS:
Job involves access to highly sensitive data, involving a lot of trust. Flexible schedule, on call rotation and the ability to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. Travel requirement 10%
Gateway Mortgage Group is a privately owned, full-service mortgage company that has been in business since 2000. We employ over 1,200 people and maintain Corporate offices in Jenks, OK, and Dallas and Irving, TX - we also have over 150 retail offices in 42 states. We provide mortgage services to approximately 125,000 customers each year and will generate more than $6 billion in new loans in 2018. While that is all impressive, our passion of Strengthening Families is at the core of the Gateway Vision!
Role: Senior Network Communications Engineer
Apply for this job now.