Sanford Federal (SANFORD) headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides federal professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve, and protect the American people.
Job Title: Certified Surgical Technologist
Based at: Jacksonville, FL
Job Summary: Sanford Federal is looking for a successful Certified Surgical Technologist to perform Services in Jacksonville, FL. Our ideal candidate succeeds at providing relevant work experience, also, demonstrates an adequate education and background in this field, and fully capable of accomplishing his duties in such an effective and efficient manner.
- Requirements: The Candidate must meet the following requirements.
- BOARD CERTIFICATION/ELIGIBILITY: Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) through an accredited Surgical Technologist Training Program or Sterile Processing Certification to include but not limited to Certifying Board of Surgical Processing and Distribution (CBSPD), International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management (IAHCSMM), or Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST).
- Shall have all licenses, permits, accreditation, and certifications required by law.
- TESTING/INFECTION CONTROL:
- a. Health examinations including annual TB skin test result.
- b. Either has received the Hepatitis B vaccine series, or are immune as a result of acquired infection, or have been offered and refused the vaccinations
- c. Received measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine. (Combined vaccine (MMR) is the vaccine of choice if individuals are likely to be susceptible to more than one of the three diseases and is required for all persons born after 1956.
- d. A negative PPD within the last year, or, if a known reactor, a negative chest X-Ray within the past year. e. A history of varicella (chicken pox) or, if unknown, results of a varicella antibody test. If nonimmune, must be vaccinated with Varivax (Chicken pox).
- f. Received training in Universal Precautions and Blood Borne Pathogens, Hazardous Material Management and Life Safety Management (fire preparedness).
- Decontamination: Knowledge and experience in removing gross contamination.
- Examines Condition of Supply Items: Experience with visually examining items for damage, deterioration, or imperfections such as rust, pitting, and cracks.
- Assembles/Packages/Wraps/Sterilizes Supply Items: Knowledge or experience in packaging individual items or assembling items into sets or trays.
- Distributes Supply Items to Wards, Clinic Units or Operating Rooms: Knowledge of distributing items according to established requirements, special requests or as requisitioned.
- Receives/Stores/Controls Supply Items Stock: Knowledge of receiving new supplies, checks deliveries for quality, quantity, and price. Stores items in accordance with inventory system.
- Understands infection prevention concepts.
- the ability to speak, understand, read and write English fluently
- Duties: the candidate will be responsible for:
- shall work in the respective department with other staff technician.
- shall be expected to cooperate with and participate in all routine duties or functions related to the service area to include ongoing training and competence assessment.
- shall ensure a safe work environment and safe work habits.
Why Sanford Federal?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to highlight your relevant experience.
Sanford Federal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Powered by JazzHR