Company: THE ROWMAN AND LITTLEFIELD PUBLISHING GROUP
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Rowman & Littlefield is seeking an entry-level Editorial Assistant for its Lanham, Maryland, office. The Editorial Assistant will support senior editors in its busy editorial production department, assisting with many aspects of the production of academic and trade titles, as well as some administrative functions. The ideal candidate has a background in the humanities, attention to detail, and a desire to earn experience in the book publishing industry.
- Assist senior members of the production team with administrative tasks, such as CIP and copyright applications, hiring freelancers, and updating reports.
- Work with other production editors to complete steps of the book production process, such as creating cover design requests, type coding manuscripts, making masters from proofreader corrections, checking interior proofs and indexes, and pre-pressing completed books.
- Prepare near-press-ready and delayed paperback titles for publication.
- Learn about the different approaches to book production between trade, academic, professional, and general interest titles.
- Manage a list of books for production.
- BA or BS, preferably in English or journalism (minor or area of concentration in history, religion, philosophy, political science, or any other discipline in which RLPG publishes).
- Knowledge of the Chicago Manual of Style (familiarity with APA and other style guides a bonus)
- Knowledge of MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Access) and Windows
- Excellent communication and time-management skills
About Our Company
An independent publisher with an outstanding reputation, Rowman & Littlefield publishes innovative, high-quality college texts, provocative and timely titles for general readers, and professional and scholarly books throughout the humanities and social sciences. Headquartered in Maryland, R&L also has offices in New York City, Boulder, Colorado, Connecticut, and London. If you are interested in applying for this position, you can apply directly through our website at https://rowman.com/Page/HR by clicking “APPLY NOW” at the top of the page.
Rowman & Littlefield
Lanham, MD VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to participate in the application process and to perform the essential functions of the job.