Assistant Food Buyer - Contract Catering - Lancashire
Our client is seeking an experienced Assistant Food Buyer to assist their procurement team. They are an established independent contract caterer operating in education and B&I. The role will involve identifying and meeting potential new food suppliers, negotiation, and supplier co-ordination.
Assistant Buyer Responsibilities:
- Analyse, identify and recommend improvements to their approved supplier list (APL)
- Set up and manage weekly approval process for supplier pricing changes
- Manage suppliers on a daily admin/PW basis
- Manage the introduction and coordination of supplier set up on our online procurement system
- Liaise with the online procurement supplier and operations team to ensure smooth transition for new units and supply chain
- To manage the completion and reporting of the 'buying reports' that manage price changes, service level, supplier performance, and savings
- To keep up to date with industry news and make any innovative recommendations ongoing
- To facilitate supplier agreements between supplier and procurement lead.
- To coordinate product sample testing for quality and rationalisation with catering managers
- To coordinate requests (& replies) to suppliers on standards required e.g. ProcureWizard listing/allergen info to nutrition team etc.
- To coordinate NDA collation from new suppliers
- To assist where required with the facilitation of contractual agreements.
- To assist with the facilitation of supplier tender processes.
- Participate in training and development
- Carry out ad hoc duties as directed by manager
Experience in catagory food buying and supplier procurement - contract catering is preferable, but other sectors will be considered.
2:2 or above degree classification (or predicted)
Passion and motivation to start a career in buying/contracting in the North of England
Flexible to work off multiple locations and with different people
Good sense of business acumen and commercial awareness
Retail buying experience is desirable
Inquisitive and want to learn
Confident Communicator and tailor style to suit audiences
Excellent presentation skills, with proficiency in IT and Excel
Enthusiasm and open mindedness
Sensitive to diverse working teams and environment, being a team player
Based from Lancashire but happy to travel around North England (driving license required)
CIPS qualification optional
Flexible in working hours to meet the demands of the business
For this role you must be able to drive and have your own vehicle.
It will be necessary for the company to apply for a DBS check at commencement of employment due to visiting sites.
Please apply eith an up to date CV in Word or PDF format.