One of the largest HVAC filter manufacturers in the U.S. is seeking a Machine Operator to set-up machines to start the production cycle. The Machine Operator will cut, roll, seal and trim blankets, pads and other products and pack in designated cartons, according to customer specifications and established company procedures. The is a full-time, permanent role, with competitive pay rates and full benefits package.
- Under general supervision, perform a variety of tasks requiring a good working knowledge of assembly techniques, materials, tools, machines and equipment, including, but not limited to: folding, assembling, labeling, laying or rolling stock, inspecting, cutting, and/or boxing, at efficiency standards dictated by the department.
- Setting cutting parameters and operating the cutting machines.
- Immediately report to supervisor or group leader any unusual material, equipment problems or work conditions that would hinder operations, represents deviations from quality standards, good manufacturing practices or adversely affects safety standards.
- Work from product specifications or manuals to insure a quality product. Inspect work as needed.
- Perform simple, routine and repetitive tasks using standard procedures.
- Perform all duties safely, wearing required personal protective equipment, such as: safety glasses, gloves, aprons, etc.
- Observe all safety rules and immediately report hazards to the supervisor.
- Be punctual and at work daily.
- Maintain housekeeping in assigned work area at all times of line stoppage during production runs and at the end of the shift.
- Follow all company rules and regulations, per the Employee Handbook or department policy.
- Communication skills: Able to speak, read, write and understand basic instruction in English.
- Stable work history
- 1 year manufacturing experience preferred
- Attention to safety standards and detail
- Team player and willingness to learn.
- Able to perform tasks in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Able to work overtime on short notice.
- Very basic pc skills.
- Able to satisfy the physical, visual and auditory requirements listed. The physical and work environment requirements described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, lift, move, and handle products, materials, tools, and controls.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, periodically may sit, reach with hands and arms, walk or climb with legs and talk or hear.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, pull, bend, twist, squat, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must routinely lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or more up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Good manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination are required. Safety glasses may be required.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; however, it can be loud for periods of time while working near equipment which is in operation. Employee must be able to hear fork truck horn.
- The employee must be able to work alone for extended periods of time. The employee must also be able to work with others as required.
Role: Machine Operator
Apply for this job now.