Are you looking to capitalize on your talent and work in a highly dynamic and collaborative atmosphere? Do you have a passion for landscape design?
The Laurel Group has earned the reputation of being one the finest landscape design/build firms on Long Island, delivering the entire outdoor living environment including masonry, plantings, pools, tennis and sport court design, irrigation, lighting, … anything our clients can imagine.
The secret to our success is our collaborative team approach, leaving no details behind and leveraging the expertise of all to deliver the finest product to our customers. An entry level Landscape Designer Architect at The Laurel Group will be mentored by our dynamic team of award winning landscape architects and designers and be an integral part of the entire sales and design process. This is a great opportunity to gain extensive knowledge in the Landscape Design / Build field and increase your talents in a team environment.
Join our team!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform site analysis that includes assessment, photos, and field measuring of existing site conditions.
- Work with the Lead Designer/Salesperson to create a finished Landscape design with hard and soft scape elements
- Prepare project estimates which includes getting bids from vendors and subcontractors
- Write budgets and contracts with the aid of the estimating program
- Review plans, proposed changes and any other necessary documents
- Prepare and attain permits for jobs, when necessary
- Record keeping, including everything from correspondence to reports
- Minimum of an Associate degree in landscape design
- Landscape Architect collegiate or trade school
- Minimum experience with CAD for designing projects
- Minimum experience with Excel, Word, Outlook
Additional helpful qualification/experience
- Use of Photoshop for design
- Knowledge of horticultural science and construction techniques
- Knowledge of Excel/Word formulas and formatting
- Ability to proofread and check own work for accuracy
Work area is in a group environment with a personal work station. The work week is Monday through Friday but hours of work can vary depending on the season and workload.
You must be able to walk job sites, which may range from construction sites to finished properties.
Job Type: Full-time
The Laurel Group Inc. is a 25 year landscape design/ build/ management firm specializing in sophisticated residential and commercial projects. We have operations on Long Island's North Shore and in the Hamptons.
Role: Entry Level Landscape Designer
Apply for this job now.