Our clients are an exciting and growing brand and licensing business located in Plymouth, an international business working with UK, European & worldwide customers with a wide array of brands and internationally know licences under its umbrella. Specialising in clothing and accessories with customers including Multi store retailers, Concessions, EU E-commerce retailers, Flash sales websites & independent specialist retail stores who are looking for an Experienced HR Manager to oversee all aspects of human resources practices and processes and who can provide a comprehensive HR service which ensures that managers and employees are equipped with best practice to foster a high-performance culture.
To our client, an HR Manager is the go-to person for all employee-related issues. This means that an HR Manager duties will involve managing activities such as job design, recruitment, employee relations, performance management, training & development, and talent management.
The HR manager can expect their role to be hands-on and will be required to assist with the management of the overall HR operations and the delivery of strategic objectives.
The job of HR Manager is important to business success. People are the clients most important asset and you'll be the one to ensure they have a happy and productive workplace where everyone works to realise our established mission and objectives. Promoting corporate values and shaping a positive culture is a vital aspect of a complete HR Manager job description and specification.
- Manage the recruitment and selection process - this may include writing job descriptions and preparing interview questions and application forms etc.
- Carry out interviews and new starter inductions.
- Provide advice on recruitment and selection strategies.
- Drive alignment between HR strategy and business goals.
- Bridge complex employee relations casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence, retirement, and redundancy.
- Apply HR and business knowledge evidencing appropriate decision-making skills.
- Advise managers on the terms and conditions of employment and knowledge share best practice with them. Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
- Develop HR policy and procedures to drive performance and mitigate disputes.
- Implement learning and development policy. Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs.
- Provide first line advice on current and existing benefits for employees and managers.
- Administer payroll and payroll records and keep accounts appraised of any changes. (???)
- Continuously monitor and review HR policies and processes and implement changes where necessary.
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation.
- Nurture a positive working environment
Being educated to degree level is desirable. A CIPD qualification is also expected. Graduates with a level 7 qualification will be in highest demand. An MBA in human resource management is an alternative.
- Previous experience
- Proven working experience as HR Manager or other HR Executive
- Proven HR generalist experience of three to five years is expected.
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills is required together with proven leadership capabilities and solid knowledge of employment legislation and its application.
- HR managers should be proactive team players with strong customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Experienced in developing and supporting line managers through change.
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy is crucial.
- Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy or as part of a team.
- In-depth knowledge of labour law and HR best practices
Typical working hours: 8.30am - 5pm.