The purpose of the role is to support the strategic procurement function at Kari-Out with respect to the responsibilities listed below:
- New supplier identification
- Development of substitutes
- Monitoring of key cost drivers including raw materials, currency exchange rates, freight, labor, etc.
- Lead the development of complete dimensional and performance specifications for products and/or substitute materials
- Management of competitive bid processes including RFP's, RFI's, RFQ's
- Contract development, execution and management
- Liaise with sales to determine key product and service requirements
- Identify and develop new sources of supply
- Manage the simultaneous execution of multiple strategic sourcing initiatives
- Identify and execute on both direct and indirect savings opportunities
- Analyze and maintain complex data, create reports, simplify and compare vendor proposals, and develop and present clear and concise summaries of recommended options
- Develop and document strategic sourcing and procurement processes and templates
- Responsible for developing and meeting individual KPIs as well as contributing to meeting departmental and company-wide KPIs.
- Maintain an understanding of the current status of applicable markets
- Provide strategic sourcing guidance and knowledge of best practices to Procurement team members
- Ability to build relationships internally across departments and externally with global supplier representatives
- Recruit, cultivate, and manage high-potential team members
- Think and act globally to lead and collaborate effectively on a cross-functional basis.
- Maximize the achievement of sourcing objectives and continuity of supply to position sourcing as a competitive advantage for the Company.
- Demonstrate excellent business and personal ethics
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Founded in 1964, Kari-Out Company prides itself on being built up from the ground floor with an entrepreneurial attitude towards the growing food service industry. After gaining a strong position in our condiment lines, the company has expanded to include virtually all areas of the food service industry. Today, Kari-Out Company employs over 400 people and has locations throughout the country. Kari-Out Company is also proud to have received the American Institute of Bakers highest standard of quality, Superior, in regards to our manufacturing processes.
As Kari-Out Company moves into the future, we are confident that our strong staff, high quality products, good relations with our suppliers, and our commitment to our customers will ensure long term success for us as well as our customers and suppliers.
Role: Manager, Strategic Procurement
Location: White Plains,
Apply for this job now.