English Tutor required for sessional 1:1 work with vulnerable children who have experience learning loss due to COVID 19
Teaching Personnel are looking for candidates in and around the Mansfield area who specialise in teaching English and/or Literacy. The roles we have available are bespoke, 1:1 or small group tuition sessions either for pupils in schools who have experienced learning loss and require Catch Up intervention, OR for disadvantaged pupils who do not currently have a school place due to either being excluded or in the care systems.
We are looking for candidates with the following experience, qualifications and skills:
- English Teachers with QTS
- FE Teachers with experience teaching GCSE and Functional Skills English
- English graduates with experience delivering intervention using their subject knowledge
- Experience working with SEN students, including those with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties and challenging behaviour
- Some knowledge and understanding of how to effectively support children who have gone through Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Experience of undertaking baseline assessments for pupils and regularly reviewing their progress in line with Age Related Expectations
What does the role involve?
- Teaching Primary and/or Secondary pupils on a sessional basis, either in school or home environments
- Teaching English intervention to gifted and talented learners, or learners who require Catch Up intervention
- Working with students who may present with SEMH and challenging behaviour, due to Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Providing weekly feedback to Local Authorities or schools to monitor progress both academically and socially
- Working collaboratively with Teaching Personnel, schools, Local Authority staff and residential support staff or foster carers
- Being committed to your students and helping them to build up a nurturing, supportive relationship with you as their educator
What's in it for me?
- Extremely competitive rates of pay, including premium hourly rates to incorporate planning and preparation time
- Flexible working hours suited to your availability and other commitments
- Rewarding opportunities to make a significant impact to young learners
- Consistent and regular work
If you are interested in becoming an English Tutor with Teaching Personnel, please contact Emma Frost on 0115 6700105 and click Apply Now to start the registration process today!
All candidates will need to provide a full 6 year career history as a minimum, up to date CV, references and will need a DBS registered to the Update Service, or be willing to apply for one.