Company: JEFFERSON FRANK
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £55,000 - £75,000 per annum
Senior C++ Software Engineer - Newcastle Upon Tyne (1 time per month)
Up to £75k DOE
Want to change the world as we understand it?
Shape new perspectives and provide solutions to some of the greatest challenges we face today. For over 25 years, my client have expanded what's possible in the world of geological interpretation and they still love doing it.
Bringing science and technology together, and continue to rewrite the rule book when it comes to seismic interpretation used across the globe.
Working across the full development life-cycle to build, enhance and maintain the company's commercial software products. This is a fully hands-on role delivering new commercial software features, within an Agile software development process that brings in requirements and knowledge from research, geoscientists, product and user stakeholders.
- Delivery of commercial quality software within an Agile environment
- Actively participate in the resolution of complex technical problems
- Continually improve the software delivery process
- Ensure estimates and plans are technically accurate and up to date
- Ensure design and implementation adhere to standards
- Maintain appropriate design and coding standards
- Share knowledge of the code-base and encourages "shared code ownership"
- Identify new technologies which will improve our software
- Take ownership of code quality and drives continuous improvement.
Skill set required:
- 5+ years' experience in software development within a commercial environment
- C++ (version 11 or higher)
- Knowledge of C#, Angular, Ruby, NoSQL, Python or TensorFlow machine learning, messaging, or distributed computing is highly desirable
- Experience in using design patterns and refactoring techniques
- Familiarity with a test-first development methodology such as TDD or BDD
- Awareness of public cloud
- Understanding of containerised software using Docker and Kubernetes
- Agile experience
- Data led API design and implementation using OpenAPI.
The position is based in the Newcastle office with the flexibility to work from home regularly, or may be based remotely.
Salary & Benefits
A competitive salary will be offered in line with skills and experience. W
- Pension Plan
- Life Insurance
- Private Health Care
- Discounted retail scheme
- Personal Development Plan
- Udemy subscription
- Holiday purchase
- Time off to volunteer
- Cycle to Work scheme
- 'Borrow my Doggy' subscription
To apply email or call for more information.