Company: SCHMIDT'S SAUSAGE HAUS
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Schmidt's is looking for an enthusiastic, high energy, fun, friendly and outgoing team member who enjoys a challenge to plan and execute functions including weddings at the Reception House at Raymond. We manage the 200-seat banquet room and kiosk at Raymond Memorial Golf Course in Hilliard, OH as well as execute over 300 off-premises caterings from this site. Our family owned and operated business has over 130 years in the food service industry.
General responsibilities - Job overview
- Provide legendary hospitality
- Plan and execute reception house events including weddings, corporate functions, social events, and golf outings.
- Ensure Food safety, health department guidelines and sanitation are exceeded
- Maintain the Schmidt's brand and image
- Responsible for both front and heart of house team members along with golf course kiosk
- Inventory and ordering
- Scheduling for team members in reception house, kiosk, and off-premises catering
- Daily interaction with sales team and clients
- Point of contact during events
- Ensuring serving of guest's food and beverage exceed expectations
- Some administrative tasks
- Staying informed and integrating into the best practices of the hospitality industry and the Schmidt's brand.
- Additional responsibilities as requested by the management team.
- Experience with food and beverage helpful
- A drive for excellence and a desire to exceed guest expectations
- Ability to direct and work in a team environment
- High standards of Cleanliness, hygiene, uniform presentation, and safety
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to stand and work seven-12-hour shifts
- Ability to lift 40 pounds to chest height
- Organized, friendly, upbeat, energetic, positive, and outgoing
- A heart for hospitality
- Must be 21 or over to serve alcohol
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to work; days, evenings weekends and some holidays as needed (we are closed Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving)
Why work for a Columbus legend?
We offer a great culture and team of people. We are a leader in the restaurant, banquet,catering, food truck, fairs and festivals industry and have learned a thing or two about hospitality through the last 130 years! We will do everything we can to help you be successful. We believe everyone is a leader regardless of title and people (both team and guests) are our priority.
- Ability to receive overtime pay
- Free shift meal
- Team member discounts
- Eligible for health, dental, vision and life insurance after six months
- Eligible for 401k after one year
- Vacation accrual after one year
- Starting at $17.00/hr. plus tips