ThePharmacy Technician - Customer Service is responsible for triaging incomingcalls from Nursing Facility to process and coordinate for patient care.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Triaging of incoming phone calls from NursingFacilities
- Processing of verbal requests for medication
- Providing status or confirmation of medication delivery
- Outgoing clarifications of medication orders andpatient demographic data
- Coordination of incoming Medication Orders both via faxand by electronic interface
- Attention to detail
- Collaboration Skills
- Decision Making
- Performance Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
There is no supervisoryresponsibility for this position
This position operatesin a long-term care facility. This role may use standard office and/or pharmacyequipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, rollingcarts, fax machines and etc. A large portion of work shall be performed in thelong-term care facility where the noise may be loud.
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that should be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hoursper day
- The employee is occasionally required tosit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, walk, crawlintermittently
- May be necessary to work extended hours asneeded
- May lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- The work environment characteristicsdescribed here are representative of those an employee encounters whileperforming the essential functions of this role
Please note this jobdescription is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing ofactivities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee forthis job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time withor without notice.
There is no travel expected forthis position
Education and Experience
- Must be willing to become registered PharmacyTechnician in the State of New Jersey within two weeks of joining .
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Long Term Care experience preferred
- Previous Retail Pharmacy and Hospital Pharmacyexperience accepted
- Knowledge of Brand Name/Generic medications
- Moderate to advanced computer skills required
- Professional demeanor with excellent communicationskills
- Framework/DocuTrack knowledge a plus
- Able to work independently as well as in a diverse,team environment
Behind every scriptthere is a patient. And behind every thriving healthcare facility there is aseamless pharmacy experience. AtPharmScript, we are healthcare professionals first. Through precision,persistence and innovation, we seek to earn the trust of providers, residents,patients, and their loved ones every day, with every delivery.
PharmScript is fully committed to employing adiverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard togender, race, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexualorientation and gender identity or any other status protected by federal, stateor local law.
Serving as a long-term care pharmacy is not just about delivering prescriptions it is about providing high quality support and services to our clients, so that they can focus on caring for the patients who need these medications.
As a leading pharmacy provider to long-term care and post-acute care facilities, PharmScript partners with healthcare organizations across nine states. We provide medication and support needed to help our clients deliver patient-centered care to thousands of residents and patients.
Role: Pharmacy Technician - Customer Service- 2322
Apply for this job now.