A Bit About Us:
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More About the Warehouse Operative (Nights) Role:
Our Transhippers report directly into the Nightshift Supervisors and need to be able to work well in a busy team with other Transhippers and Outbase operational employee’s including our De-Briefers. - 28 hours per week
- Hourly rate: £10.25
- Shift times: 01.15am - 08.00am
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing As Our Warehouse Operative (Nights):
You will play a key role in the customer journey and will make sure that the customer is at the heart of everything we do by ensuring that the right appliance goes to the right customer, on time and in excellent condition. You will do this by;
- Working to deadlines unloading products from the trailers and loading onto 3.5t and 7.5t delivery vehicles using the correct Transhipping process
- Assigning the products to the correct delivery vehicles using pick sheets
- Checking that trailers going back to Head Office are loaded correctly
- Using the correct manual handling techniques and safe systems of work in line with H&S training
- Reporting any accidents, product issues or damages
- Undertaking other general warehouse responsibilities
YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO DELIVER:
- Excellent customer service by making sure that our products leave the Outbase on time in perfect condition to deliver our promise
- Ensuring damage limitation by handling appliances in line with training
A Few Things About Our Warehouse Operative (Nights):
It is important that our Transhippers work together and stay motivated throughout the nightshift. You need to be smart enough to work independently and be trusted with the tasks you are given whilst being bold enough to report any issues and be passionate about customer service. There is plenty of opportunity to progress for any of our Transhippers who demonstrate the right drive and determination you can develop your skills and progress to other positions within our business.
- You must have excellent attention to detail and have shown this in your previous experience
- Experience of working under pressure or to deadlines
- An understanding of handling large products is desirable
- Experience in warehousing or logistics is desirable but not essential
- Able to complete heavy manual handling within strict H&S guidelines
- Must be an excellent team player and able to work well with people at all levels
- Enthusiastic with a “can do” attitude
- Able to remain calm and focussed under pressure
- Reliable and self-motivated
- None required
Why Choose AO:
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
“Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different”
Great People Deserve Great Things:
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our “AO Perks” to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.
- 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to a subsidised gym membership
If you have what it takes to become our Warehouse Operative (Nights), click “Apply” now – we want to hear from you!