Working on behalf of a leading consultancy, we have an excellent opportunity for an Ecologist to join their infrastructure team in East Grinstead or Huntingdon. We will also consider all locations across the South East.
We are ideally looking for an ecologist with 3+ years experience with experience in performing a range of ecological surveys to identify ecological constraints and advise clients, including phase 1 habitat surveys for Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, Ecological Impact Assessments and species surveys.
On site Ecological Clerk of Works duties may also be required.
What you'll be doing
- Carry out extended phase 1 habitat surveys and assess habitats for their suitability to support protected or otherwise notable species.
- Carry out a range of species surveys such as great crested newts, bats, reptiles, badger, birds.
- Data collation and analysis.
- Report writing, particularly in relation to PEA, EcIA and species survey reports.
What we're looking for
- Good report writing skills
- Desirable: Compilation and/ or holder of licence applications for bats, badgers, great crested newts.
- Demonstrable good communication skills particularly in relation to dealing with clients professionally, providing advice to clients finding solutions to ecological constraints and mitigation plans.
- Full or Associate Member of CIEEM.
- Competitive basic salary
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension
- Life assurance and more ….
If interested, apply now!