We are currently seeking aClinical Psychologist to join our Specialist Brain Injury Neurological Care & Rehabilitation Service at Hothfield Brain Injury Rehabilitation & Neurological Care Centre, located in Hothfield just 3 miles from Ashford, Kent.
The centre is a 32 bed facility providing specialist short-term and long-term person-centred rehabilitation, therapy and support for adults with either a brain injury or other complex neurological conditions.
We also care for patients who are no longer able to be cared for at home but who with some specialist help can take part in everyday activities and live as independently as possible.
Situated within 12 acres, our service offers intense rehabilitation for adults in the post-acute phase following a brain injury right through to step-down independent living.
We are looking for a fully qualified and experienced Clinical Psychologist with experience in Neuropsychology, who has the ability to work autonomously within the context of a multi-disciplinary team approach and undertake specific clinical work with patients and their families in response to clinical needs, in a way which coheres with the overall treatment philosophy of the Centre.
Huntercombe can offer you a rewarding career where you will be valued as a key member of our team and every day you'll be able to make a difference to the lives of our patients and residents, supporting and encouraging them to achieve their goals and ambitions.
Most patients and residents are referred via NHS and local authorities. We play an integral part in contributing to new models of care outlined in the Five Year Forward View.
- Providing a high quality specialist clinical Neuropsychology service, within the multidisciplinary neuro rehabilitation team
- Supervising and supporting neuropsychological assessment and therapy provided by other psychologists, including, trainee, and assistant psychologists
- Contributing to the supervision of psychological therapy provided by other psychologists, including trainee, and assistant psychologists
- Working autonomously within professional guidelines and exercising responsibility for psychological practise within a current caseload
- Utilising research skills for audit, policy, service development and clinical research
- Implementing policy changes within the neuropsychology service and the wider organisation.
To join The Huntercombe Group as a Clinical Psychologist at Hothfield you will:-
- Possess Post-graduate doctorate level training in Clinical Psychology
- Be a HCPC registered Clinical Psychologist
- Have specialised knowledge of neuropsychological disorders, neuroanatomy and neurological conditions
- Have an advanced (doctoral level) knowledge of research design and methodology including data analysis as practised within the field of clinical psychology
- Experience of working with a range of client groups, presenting a range of clinical severity, in a range of care settings, including in-patient and outpatient work
- Well-developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, highly technical and clinically sensitive information to patients, families, carers and other professional colleagues, both within and outside the NHS setting
- Ability to provide and/or identify appropriate support to carers and staff managing individuals with complex cognitive or behavioural deficits
- Have a desire to expand your professional development and support organisational change
- Have a legal right to work in the UK
In return we offer you:
- A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working