Receptionist Admin Assistant
Salary: WA2 6-9 £17,832 - £19,128 FTE (Actual £11,079 - £12,099)
Our client is an 11-16 Academy of 800 students, situated in a fantastic location on the outskirts of Haslemere. Haslemere lies in Surrey, on the border with Hampshire and West Sussex with excellent road and rail links to neighbouring counties. The school is situated just 3 minutes’ drive off the main A3 and they are also fortunate to have a train station in Haslemere on the mainline from Portsmouth to London Waterloo. This makes them very accessible from the South Coast or outer London areas by train or car.
The school is seeking a friendly, supportive, efficient and organised administrator to join the expanding team in their oversubscribed and growing school.
They are looking for someone who will be available for 26 hours over 4 days per week, term time only (39 weeks), 08:15-15:15 (ideally Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.)
Candidates should ideally have experience of working with young people, have excellent communication skills and a good level of education. A high level of confidentiality will also apply to this role.
Duties will include:
- Reception, dealing with queries in person, on the telephone or by letter/e-mail
- General administrative duties - letters, spreadsheets, photocopying, and filing
- Recording and booking of staff training
- Recording and monitoring stationery and administrative supplies
- Update staff handbook under the direction of the Office Manager
- Recording income and handling of cash for educational purchases when required
- First point of contact for School Lettings
- First Aid
If you have the following, they would love to hear from you:
- The ability to communicate in a warm and professional manner with parents and visitors both in person and on the telephone
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritise workload and cope with many interruptions
- Good ICT skills including Microsoft Office. Knowledge of Tucasi or Arbor would be an advantage
- Good standard of education, including Maths and English at GCSE Grade C or above, or equivalent
- A positive, "can do" attitude, the ability to work as part of a team but also willing to use own initiative
- The ability to be discreet and a good understanding of safeguarding and data protection
- A flexible approach to additional working when required
The school can offer you:
- Fabulous students!
- A friendly and well-motivated staff team who work collaboratively to meet the needs of all pupils
- Opportunities to work and train across the Trust
If you feel you are a suitable candidate and would like to work for this reputable school, then please click apply to be redirected to their website where you can complete your application.
The Trust reserve the right to interview early if they receive suitable applications, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equality and diversity in all aspects of employment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
The Trust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.’