Company: INTERIM HEALTHCARE
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
We are looking for CNAs / Certified Nursing Assistants to join our staffing team and work in the SE Portland area in assisted living facility settings. Currently looking to fill ALL shifts Monday through Friday and weekends. Pay rate varies per shift - DAY, EVE, and NOC.
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Free Education Courses
- Flexible Assignment to fit your Needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- In-Office Orientation
- OregonSaves Program
Our Certified Nursing Assistant / CNA responsibilities include, but not limited to be:
- Provides for patient’s personal hygiene, grooming, and comfort needs, i.e., toileting and elimination, baths, back rubs, shampoos, shaves, bed baths, tub baths or showers, skin and nail care, and oral hygiene.
- Promotes a safe environment during care.
- Utilizes infection control measures such as hand washing and use of personnel protective equipment.
- Observes and report the condition of the patient/client to the appropriate supervisor.
- Works in a team environment to effectively deliver care and assistance to patients and staff.
- Assists with ambulation, transfers, and range of motion exercises.
- Performs patient-related procedures such as but not limited to: measuring and documenting intake and output; blood glucose monitoring; urine specimen collections; measurements of vital signs; and weight.
- Administers non-medicated enemas, non-sterile dressings, surgical preps, ice packs, heat treatments, sitz, and therapeutic baths.
- Safely applies and monitors the safe use of physical restraints as directed.
- Transports patients and equipment within the facility as necessary.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department
- Performs care and delegated tasks as directed by the nursing plan of care and/or supervisor as permitted by policies and procedures of the facility and allowed under state laws and regulations.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High School diploma or equivalent and successful completion of Nursing Assistant course and Nurse Assistant certification as required by the state in which employed.
- A student RN in the last year of school or an unlicensed RN/LPN/LVN graduate may be eligible for employment as a Nurse’s Aide as allowable under state law/regulation.
- One (1) year experience incomparable job classification and/or as required by the contracted facility.
- Pass criminal and abuse background checks, when required by the State(s) in which employed.
- Evidence of current CPR/BLS training for infants, children, and adults.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to fifty (50) pounds