IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, YOU WILL NEED TO COPY/PASTE THE URL LISTED BELOW SO THAT YOU CAN APPLY DIRECTLY INTO OUR HR SYSTEM, PAYCOM.
Help gather routing material, and help ship outbound orders/shipments. Also, may help in other areas of routing and shipping.
Warehouse associate will be involved in the daily operation of the warehouse; order picking, shipping, receiving, inventory control and operation of warehouse equipment and computer systems. The associate must be able to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis. Must have good written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to follow written and verbal direction.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Help gather routing material.
- Ship outbound shipments.
- The Employee should be able to adhere to Vetta Brands Code of Conduct and Core Values.
- Manually unloading stock from sea containers and trucks
- Stock location / Stock put away
- Use of computer to access the Warehouse Management System.
- Operation of warehouse equipment to include: Push cart, hand truck, manual pallet jack, Electric pallet jack, Order picker.
- Operation of RF scan gun
- Picking customer orders
- Verification and Packing of customer orders
- Participate in Inventory control process’s
- Generate shipping labels from Warehouse systems or carrier data base
- Prepare palletized stock for outbound shipping ie: Stacking boxes on pallets, shrink-wrapping, labeling pallets and boxes.
- Involved in general health and safety practices and training.
- General House keeping
- Any other tasks deemed necessary by management
- Assist warehouse manager in daily warehouse operations in line with company policy and vision.
- Train, mentor and coach new warehouse personnel in warehouse procedures and company vision.
- Assist in planning future capacity requirements.
- Ensure inventories are accurate.
- Ensure stock movements are recorded accurately.
- Promote company health and safety policies
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook Calendar
- Pays attention to details.
- Interpersonal skills the ability to work with those from other cultures & countries
- Strong computer skills
- Reliability - The ability to be at work timely / good attendance
- Must be able to follow written and verbal directions
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent and one year experience in transportation/logistics department
- Warehouse experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
None required for this position.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to a warehouse setting. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment can vary, but below the required limits for hearing protection. Eye protection is not required. Closed toe footwear is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, flexible hours depending on the shipments for the day. This position often has extended hours (OT) during the months of July-Sept.
This is a part-time position in the warehouse.
No travel is required
EEO/ AAP/ Social Responsibility Statement
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or any other characteristic protected by applicable state, federal or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
The company is committed to ensuring our products are produced in safe, humane, legal and fair working conditions. We are proud that both Top of the World and J America are part of a very select group of Participating Company affiliates with the Fair Labor Association (FLA), a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting worker's rights and improving working conditions in factories worldwide. Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) mission is to conduct business in an ethical manner, to promote and protect worker's rights worldwide and to help improve working conditions by partnering with our global supply chain. We require our suppliers to conduct business with the highest of standards and ethics, while respecting human rights and complying with local laws, by committing to our Workplace Code of Conduct and submitting to third party audits of their facilities. In partnership with our global supply chain, we continue to work towards creating positive change for apparel workers worldwide.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Vetta, LLC (holding company) came together through a merger of J America and Top of the World. Vetta, LLC is a Blue Point Capital Partners company that has offices in Fowlerville MI, Norman OK, Webberville MI and a Design Center in Columbus OH. In addition, the Company also has an office in Hong Kong to support our global sourcing efforts.
Both companies (J America and Top of the World) have a long and successful history of providing industry leading collegiate and blank headwear and apparel. Since our inception, the legacy companies have been committed to being the fashion leader and #1 source for blank and decorated headwear and apparel.
Role: Logistics & Warehouse Associate
Apply for this job now.