The Service Technician IIis responsible for troubleshooting, performing repairs, and scheduling maintenance work for all equipment, including forklifts.
- Analyzes and diagnoses equipment problems and breakdowns
- Recommends the correct service and repair actions to resolve equipment performance problems
- Makes appropriate equipment repairs or modifications to solve operating and performance problems as dictated by the analysis of the equipment
- Performs scheduled equipment maintenance
- Follows all scheduled maintenance procedures and policies as dictated by the company
- Documents each service call, providing necessary paperwork
- Observes all safety procedures, makes certain that hazardous waste is properly disposed
- Maintains the company service vehicles in a clean, orderly and hazard-free manner to include performing regular maintenance such as oil changes, tire rotations, etc.
- Secures and maintains service and parts inventory in the company service vehicle
- Provides well-maintained personal tools required to effectively perform equipment service duties
- Keeps the work area clean and hazard-free
- Other duties as required and assigned
Requirements Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
- Minimum 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training with mechanical, electrical and hydraulic equipment
- Experience with repairing forklifts
- Technical or mechanical training/certifications preferred
- Possesses a valid driver’s license
- Above average communication skills
- Ability to understand the necessary service and training manuals, including the ability to interpret schematics and effectively use electrical diagnostic instruments
- Can safely operate power tools, lifts, hoists, hydraulic jacks and overhead cranes
While performing the duties of this job, the employeeis regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles, and can be exposed to extreme heat and extreme cold, including climates consistent with outside weather conditions.
GEODIS is a Supply Chain Operator ranking among the top companies in its field in Europe and the World. GEODIS, which is part of SNCF Logistics, which in turn is a business line of the SNCF Group, is the number one Transport and Logistics operator in France and ranked number four in Europe. The international reach includes a direct presence in 67 countries and a global network spanning over 120 countries. With its five Lines of Business (Supply Chain Optimization, Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, Distribution & Express and Road Transport), GEODIS manages its customers Supply Chain by providing end-to-end solutions enabled by our people, our infrastructure, processes and systems.
Role: Service Tech II B-Shift Tue-Fri 5pm-3:30am $21.75 per hour
Apply for this job now.