Cobham is seeking a Mechanical Engineer II that will be part of our integrated product development teams that develop On Board Oxygen Generating Systems. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Participate in integrated product development teams.
- Design and analyze complex mechanical and pneumatic components for our Oxygen generation/regulation products.
- Evaluate suitability of current products for new applications; work with team to develop bids and proposals for new, modified, or upgraded products.
- Design and analyze packaging for electronic products to be used in harsh environmental conditions.
- Work within team to develop predictive component and product performance models.
- Develop test plans to verify models for component and product characteristics.
- Work closely with suppliers on component and product development.
- Interface with customers as part of development-team programs.
- Provide innovative ideas for improvements to existing products.
- Participate in ideation for new products and technologies.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineers.
- Design products and product improvements in ProEngineer/Creo or by working with Designers using ProEngineer/Creo.
- Provide technical expertise to support manufacturing, Field Support Engineers, and customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering Discipline from an ABET accredited program.
- Minimum 3 years engineering experience.
- Experience with Problem Solving.
- Experience presenting technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Experience writing technical reports.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Bio-Medical Engineering.
- 3.0 or better GPA from an ABET Accredited Engineering Program.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or Bio-Medical engineering degree from an ABET accredited program.
- Formal Root Cause Corrective Action Analysis.
- Experience with in design and analysis.
- Desire to become expert in modeling software (ProEngineer/Creo).
- Experience in writing test plans, procedures, and reports.
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit #removed#/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at #removed#/company/cobham
Role: Mechanical Engineer II
Apply for this job now.