A Prominent Aerospace Repair and Manufacturing Facility located in Van Nuys CA is looking to expand its team with the addition of an Manufacturing Production Planner. We are looking to grow our manufacturing division. You will join a diverse team with vast experience, while afforded the opportunity to lead the core of our manufacturing division.
• Create Job Routers for sheet metal and machines components
· Plans, schedules, coordinates and/or monitors products through the complete production cycle.
· Develops and manages production planning strategies and activities to maximize the use of the organization’s resources and meet established production specifications and schedules.
· Resolves inventory/stock problems so that material is available to meet plans and schedules for production and assembly needs in accordance with customer requirements for delivery.
· Maintains Production Schedule and Forecast.
· Works to resolve problems pertaining to scheduling discrepancies and takes corrective action.
· Provides input to management regarding problems such as scheduling problems, material shortages, design changes and backlogs.
· Generates complete work instructions to produce Aerospace Components and Assy’s
· Determines the feasibility of early delivery dates. Evaluates whether parts can be made available to meet customer expedites, reallocates parts as required.
· Problem solving.
· Releases work orders to stockroom for pulls. Status material shortages with procurement.
· Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
· Plans sequence of fabrication, assembly, installation, and other manufacturing operations for guidance of production workers to manage shop workloads so as to maintain level loading and minimize overtime.
· Confers with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects.
· Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
Assists with quoting
Job Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in work experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in planning, production manufacturing, production control, material control of scheduling function in a manufacturing environment or equivalent.
- Strong background in Microsoft Excel, Word and MRP/ERP programs such as E2 Shoptech or JobBoss; APICS membership and CPIM and CSCP Certification preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must meet ITAR regulations in regards to citizenship requirements
- Previous supervisory experience with extensive knowledge of manufacturing practices and techniques in an aerospace environment is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good understanding of accounting principles and practices relating to product costing, expense budgeting and inventories.
Aerospace Manufacturing and Repair
Role: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Van Nuys,
Apply for this job now.