The team is responsible for the tooling that underpins multiple aspects of the Strats projects including delivering SDLC tools including Test Automation and Monitoring as well as Reference Data management and Grid compute orchestration. They also work with the Technology groups to provision hardware estate and Control functions to address Regulation and Policy adherence.
You will be joining the Platform Engineering team to develop and support the intraday and end-of-day pricing, risk and P&L in their expansion across the firm. Responsibilities will include:
- Implementing new, automated, processes either within, or through enhancements to the bank's strategic infrastructure or through Strat solutions.
- Developing solutions and controls to improve integration of the Strats application stack with the various functions across Group Analytics.
- Working in partnership with Trading, Structuring, Methodology, Technology and Operations to drive the build-out of the strategic analytics platforms.
The successive candidate will need to demonstrate a selection of the following skills:
- Strong computing and programming skills utilising either C++ or Python and developing applications for use in a high pressure production environment.
- Solid experience of infrastructure and database technologies such as MySQL, Oracle, Redis, RMDS.
- Relevant education such as an MSc/PhD in a subject such as Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Maths, or Finance.
- The ability to communicate effectively within a team and across multiple teams and functions.
- Able to multi-task different projects and prioritise against tight deadlines.
- Experience of the above within banking or finance and an understanding of cash and derivatives financial products.