Senior Bridge Engineer
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Bridge Engineer to join an established Structures team based in North Tyneside.
- Undertaking feasibility studies including preparing reports, cost estimates, investigating problems and identifying options
- Taking a leading role in the design, inspection or assessment of major civil engineering structures and bridges
- Designing projects in accordance with the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges and Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works
- Preparing schemes for tender typically using the NEC3/4 Forms of Contract
- Assist in preparing fee estimates and bid work
- Assisting with the commercial and financial control of your project
- You will demonstrate excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing at a general and technical level
What do we need;
- A Bachelors or Masters Degree in Civil Engineering or a related subject accredited by the Engineering Council. Ideally you will already be or fast approaching Chartered Member status of the Institution of Civil Engineers (CEng MICE) or Institution of Structural Engineers (CEng IStructE)
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in the design of all aspects of highways bridges and civil engineering design and construction.
- An extensive knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation, standards and procedures. A working knowledge of standard highway and civil engineering specifications, conditions of contract and methods of measurement
- Working knowledge of the relevant legislation and guidelines including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, British and European Standards, Eurocodes and Codes of Practice
If interested, apply to this advert