The Behavior Technician position is the perfect fit for a Teacher, Paraprofessional, Caregiver, or Healthcare Professional looking for an exciting part-time career opportunity. This position is also a great fit for candidates with experience or interest in working with children with special needs or autism. Current Behavioral Interventionists, ABA Therapists or ABA Technicians are encouraged to apply.
Positions are available on a part-time basis with the possibility of moving from part-time to full-time (32 hr/wk). Full-time technicians may be eligible for benefits including medical, dental, vision and life.
Behavior Technicians, under the supervision of a clinician, use Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Therapy to encourage positive behaviors and discourage negative behaviors, as well as to improve a variety of skills for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. The child's progress is then tracked and measured. ABA therapy is also used to increase language, communication skills, attention, focus, social skills, memory, and academics. ABA techniques focus on positive reinforcement; when a positive behavior is followed by something that is valued to the child, such as “a reward”, that behavior is more likely to occur in the future.
ABA Behavior Technician Responsibilities:
1. Behavioral Technician will work mostly in the home (with a potential of working in a nearby clinic center) with children on the Autism Spectrum to provide ABA therapy.
2. Responsible for recording and collecting data on an iPad on the progress and abilities of the child.
3. Behavior Technician will be supervised/trained weekly by a Behavior Consultant (BC) and must be ready to provide feedback to the BC on current progress and implement programs and recommendations given by the BC.
1. Minimum of High School Diploma.
2. Must be able to communicate expressively and receptively in order to follow through with individualized behavior plan, emergency procedures, and report on activities.
3. Must be a creative, hard-working, dependable individual with a passion and positive upbeat attitude for helping children and adolescents.
4. Must have proof of reliable transportation, driver's license, and valid car insurance.
5. Need to be at least 18 years of age and able to pass a criminal and background check.
If selected for this position you will need to complete our Pre-hire Behavioral Technician Onboarding
Program. The requirements of this onboarding program include:
1. CPR Certification. Certification and/or classes must be done in a live or hybrid course (not online course).
2. First Aid Certification. Certification and/or classes must be done in a live, hybrid or online course.
3. Must submit negative Tuberculosis (TB) test results.
4. Must complete approximately 40 hours of pre-hire certification modules provided free of charge. This requires internet access and computer.
Day of Hire Requirement:
Must complete a paid in-person capstone training.
Post Hire Requirement:
Must attend any county specific trainings as required.
The physical demands and characteristics of the work environment described here are representative of those that will be encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
1. Employee must be able to lift 50 lbs. occasionally.
2. Required to perform activities that entail: fine motor skills, kneeling, sitting on floor level, standing, and running.
This job description is used as a guide only and not inclusive of responsibilities and job duties.
About Centria Healthcare:
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Novi, Michigan, Centria's flagship service is Applied Behavior Analysis Therapy (ABA), which assists children and young adults on the autism spectrum. Since 2014 Centria has grown this service division into the number two provider in the country, with services stretching across many states. This exciting program is helping children reach their goals and dreams through positive reinforcement and continual support.
All applicants receive consideration of employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, size, height, weight, marital status, family status, gender identity or expression, affectional or sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
Centria Healthcare is a rapidly growing innovative company founded in 2009. We have developed a comprehensive program to care for individuals involved in the most serious accidents with potentially long-term complications related to those accidents. We have grown to become the leading provider of in-home rehabilitation and pediatric care in Michigan, partnering with exceptional healthcare systems such as Detroit Medical Center, University of Michigan Hospital, Helen Dovos Children's Hospital and many more. Our pediatric services offer 24/7 nursing, Vent & Trach care, G- tube management and around the clock support. Centria is head quartered in Novi Mi., but we have service offices in California, Washington, New Mexico, Arizona and New Jersey.
Role: ABA Behavior Health
Apply for this job now.