Company: BRITISH SWIM SCHOOL OF DOWNTOWN CHICAGO - SKOKIE
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Are you the type of person who wants to work in a fun and entertaining work environment? Do you have a passion for working with children and a love of water? If so, this job is for you! Working at British Swim School is so much more than just employment, it's an opportunity to teach children and adults skills that may save their life. How amazing is that?! As part of the BSS Team, you are instrumental is working towards our mission, “To ensure that every person, regardless of age or ability, has the opportunity to be a safe and happy swimmer.” It's a chance to be part of a fun-loving team of dedicated people who are committed to promoting water safety and a lifelong love of the water.Although we teach swimming to all ages and abilities, the majority of our students are preschool and elementary-aged children. Our instructors need to enjoy working with this young age group while also putting parents at ease. Experience in working with children or in a child-oriented business is preferred, although not necessary if you can demonstrate the desired attitude. The position includes 40 hours of specialist training in our highly developed British Swim School methodology.Location
Skokie, ILHours Available
Weekend Afternoons/EveningsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
Roles and Responsibilities
- Enthusiastic, assertive personality with strong relationship and customer service skills.
- Effectively communicate with customers and employees, bi-lingual is a plus.
- Disciplined to follow schedules and enforce safety procedures as well as follow policies, teaching methods and procedures of British Swim School.
- Able to demonstrate swim strokes appropriately.
- Reports directly to the Aquatics Director and/or Business Owner(s)
- Instructs swimming lessons in accordance with British Swim School training and standards
- Conduct classes in a fun and gentle environment, following current teaching methods, policies and safety and emergency procedures as detailed in the British Swim School teacher training manual and as directed by the Aquatics Director.
- Follows all British Swim School policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Work a flexible schedule that may include holidays and weekends as required by business needs and as requested by management.
- Work in an environment where noise levels are usually moderate to high and stand in the water for up to 5 consecutive hours.
- Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in accordance with British Swim School standards
- Must complete all required British Swim School Aquatics specific training and successfully complete the final in water and written exams
- Must complete CPR/AED & First Aid training within 90 days of employment
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community and successful clearance of background check
Each franchise location is independently owned and operated by a franchisee (franchise owner). Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to British Swim School Corporate.