A Forklift Operator is responsible for efficiently and accurately unloading product, sorting, segregating and putting away the product into the proper locations throughout the warehouse; and other duties as assigned. Forklift Operators are responsible for shipping, storing, receiving inventory and for ensuring that our products are loaded and shipped according to quality and safety standards. This position plays an integral role in ensuring our product is shipped to our customers in great condition and on time.
Job Duties Responsibilities:
· Use forklift to load and unload productions onto trucks and trailers, according to shipping schedule Operates other equipment for shipping, as needed
· Support efficient production and shipping processes by using forklift and pallet jack to transfer products, pallets, boxes, and other materials
· Monitors all equipment for wear and potential damage performs related preventative maintenance as required. Perform required daily safety inspection of the forklift; complete daily checklist in a timely and accurate manner, according to standard operating procedures and policies
· Change labels on printer and input all information using the scanners
· Assist Production Supervisor in maintaining a seamless shift change; minimizing downtime by preparing workstations before the shift begins, ensure staff is properly supplied with supplies/raw materials.
· Carry out production/dock plan as instructed by Plant Manager, Logistics Manager, and Production Supervisors.
· Ability to quickly and safely get on and from a sit-down forklift several times per hour.
· Ability to lift/change forklift propane cylinders as necessary.
· Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
· Ensures operation of equipment by requesting repairs.
· Perform Pre/Post-shift forklift safety inspections.
· Inspect all products to ensure quality before loading onto a truck for shipment.
· Complete required paperwork to record production and loading/unloading progress.
· Responsible for compliance with all Heat Treatment policies and procedures as specified by Pallet Service Corporation's auditing agency, as well as any local, state, federal and international laws pertaining to Heat Treatment.
· Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
· Responsible for reporting of any injuries that take place to a supervisor immediately.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience operating a forklift
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred
For nearly fifty years, Pallet Service Corporation (PSC) has been a full service wood product supplier. Pallet Service is a family run business striving to exceed customer expectations. We are always aiming to develop and uphold strong relationships within our industry and with our customers. Here at Pallet Service, we are passionate about what we do. We go above and beyond to meet your product and supply needs with supportive and innovative customer service.
Using top of the line technology and equipment, Pallet Service specializes in new, recycled and re-manufactured (utilizing recycled/reclaimed lumber) pallets along with custom crating. We are an in-stock supplier of industrial lumber products including dimension softwood, hardwood, plywood, and oriented strand board (OSB). In addition, we offer recycling services , used pallet purchasing programs, logistic services and kiln drying / heat treatment (IPPC-ISPM 15 compliant) products. If we don't carry what you need in stock, we are happy to work with you to customize a product or design.
With two manufacturing plants in Minnesota, and one in Wisconsin, along with an experienced logistics team, we have the capability to meet our customers local, regional, national and international pallet and wood packaging needs.
We believe our history and extensive experience in the industry, along with our excellent client relationships, set us apart from our competition. We are always eager to answer questions or provide you with whatever resources we can to help meet your wood package supply needs. We encourage you to get in contact with us today to hear more.
Sustainability is an important concept in our world today. We proudly promote the use of wood-based packaging. Wood is a natural and renewable resource, overseen by some of the best forest management programs in the world. “Wood is Nature's Packaging!”
The pallets we manufacture are “USDA Certified Biobased Products®” This certification allows customers to easily identify that our company meets the high standards set forth by the USDA Secretary of Agriculture.
At Pallet Service we are a licensed Provider of the industry leading design tool, Pallet Design System (PDS). This state-of-the-art computer design tool is used to skillfully design and analyze your pallet to ensure it meets your needs while minimizing waste in materials and fasteners. With this software we will make sure the products you receive from us are not only safe and efficient, but economical as well.
Our multiple pallet, crate, and lumber manufacturing facilities means each of our plants specializes in cutting the lumber that is economically available in it's region. We have private railway access, serviced by all major rail lines which means we can economically source materials throughout North America to meet your needs.
We have extensive quality control programs to meet many of the leading food, pharmaceutical and other manufacturing industries unique requirements. Our 26 step Quality Assurance Program is industry leading.
Our ownership in First Alliance Logistics Management allows us to provide your company with complete pallet and unit load solutions on a national basis.
At Pallet Service Corporation, we are the one stop shop for all your wood packaging needs.
Role: Forklift Operator-2nd Shift
Location: Little Canada,
Apply for this job now.