FAMILY MEDICINE PHYSICIAN
Reports to: Chief Medical Officer
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Spring Branch Community Health Center is searching for a Physician that can provide care to patients of all ages. Our patient population is very diverse with a high percentage of them being Hispanic and Spanish speaking only. The Physician will report directly to the Chief Medical Officer and is responsible for providing direct patient care including history review, health education, physical exam, counseling, diagnosis and treatment according to protocols, and meeting productivity goals. The Physician is responsible for delivery of quality medical care to patients (patients of all ages) of the Center and functions as a member of the multi-disciplinary health care team within the scope of his or her medical practice. He/she will provide clinical direction and supervision to midlevel providers and will oversee the general patient care of his/her department.
- Medical degree from an accredited school of medicine.
- Current unrestricted license from the Texas Medical Board to practice as a physician in the State of Texas.
- Annual continuing medical education as required by Board specialty.
- Must be registered and have current DEA, DPS and other such certificates to legally operate a practitioner in the State of Texas.
- Hospital privileges at designated area hospitals if required for specialty.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for Healthcare Professionals Certification.
- Proficiency in Computer Skills and Electronic Health Records.
- Bilingual - English/Spanish is preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides outpatient medical care in the clinic.
- Maintains licensure in good standing in the state of TX.
- Maintains medical expertise and competency as well as demonstrates thorough knowledge of procedures to deliver quality primary medical care. Provides medical sessions, as scheduled, in direct patient care at health center.
- Examines, diagnoses, treats and/or refers patients for appropriate specialty care services.
- Prescribe medications and make recommendations for other forms of treatment.
- Reviews all lab and x-ray reports for patients under his/her care in a timely basis and makes medical management decisions appropriately. Follows appropriate standards of care for each patient.
- Maintains a problem oriented health record for each patient seen in accordance with the health center’s established information management policies and procedures.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic studies and medical protocols.
- Refers clients for appropriate specialty care services, lab and x-ray and any other ancillary services that are appropriate for patient’s management and care. Reviews all lab and x-ray reports for patients under his/her care on a timely basis and makes medical management decisions appropriately. Follows appropriate standards of care for each patient.
- Provide education and support to patients and receive and address patient’s questions and problems.
- Collaborates with Chief Medical Officer, Mid-level Providers, Director of Nursing, Site Supervisor, Medical Assistants and Front Desk Staff and other team members to assess the needs of patients.
- Provides direct supervision of mid-level practitioners.
- Assigns and monitors mid-level practitioners’ work performance.
- Provides clinical direction and consultation to mid-level providers - assists in the development of diagnostic and treatment protocols.
- Serves as a resources and positive, proactive leader for the department.
- Participates in the peer review and other quality control processes.
- Participates in the review and development of patient care policies, including health maintenance schedules and continuity of care.
- Ensures that patient and family/significant others are educated about diagnosis and the plan of care. Acts as a resource for facilitating communication when necessary.
- Participates in the evaluation of products, procedures, and patient care standards.
- Participates in conferences, workshops in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs as needed; attends and participates in clinic meetings/departmental meetings and other clinic functions as required by the Health Center.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Participates in all safety programs which may include assignment to an emergency response team.
Job Type: Full-time
Spring Branch Community Health Center is a non-profit and Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). We provide high quality healthcare services to all patients.
Role: Family Medicine Physician
Apply for this job now.