Sweet Rose Creamery Kitchen Manager
Kitchen Manager oversees all aspects of ice cream kitchen operations while ensuring all ice cream produced meets or exceeds standards of excellence at all times. The Kitchen Manager reports to the Executive Chef and is responsible for management of food cost, labor, repairs, maintenance, and supplies. A successful candidate will set the example and expectation for all team members to maximize productivity while adhering to food safety standards. This individual must be able to work effectively with limited supervision and demonstrate strong leadership to motivate others. Must love ice cream!
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Optimize operations by controlling food, labor, repairs and maintenance, and various supply cost by adhering to the budget.
- Monitor cogs/pricing fluctuations, and inventory of supplies to achieve targeted food cost.
- Properly execute all invoicing and payroll in a timely manner. Follow up with credits/refunds if any.
- Forecast, plan, and maintain production volume to ensure smooth monthly flavor transitions.
- Maintain sufficient inventory levels and conduct full inventories.
- Schedules sufficient numbers of team members to satisfy production demand.
- Communicate and conduct daily, weekly and monthly production task lists.
- Execute daily walkthroughs of every station to ensure daily production/tasks/cleanliness is met.
- Ensure all food products are being made to meet or exceed our standards.
- Delegate or fill gaps to meet production demands.
- Ensure all recipes are followed correctly from beginning to finished product.
- Maintain a clean workspace at all times.
- Conduct proper FIFO, cooling, and storage of all food.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal laws regarding food quality, safety, labor and employment. Comply with HACCP plan and our own quality controls.
- Keep up with all repairs and maintenance of equipment including delivery truck. Follow through with preventive maintenance care plan and maintain/update maintenance log.
- Reach out to approved maintenance service contractors or personnel when equipment needs repair. Consult with Executive Chef and/or COO for estimate and/or approvals before initiating work.
- Maintain inventory of necessary parts, bulbs, small equipment and purchase when needed, often consulting with Executive Chef and/or COO.
- Conduct timely and proper communication between kitchen and stores: quality control, delivery, menu or product changes and/or adjustments.
- Coach store managers on quality control and display standards when necessary.
- Respond to all store inquiries that involve kitchen operations.
- Plan monthly flavors and production with Executive Chef and communicate previous month’s production results with recommendations for improvement.
- Plan and Run monthly flavor meetings with kitchen and store managers.
- Make and/or update monthly store product information materials when necessary.
- Assist Executive Chef with recipe testing, development, and packaging. Record or monitor the recipes and yield accurately per Executive Chef’s instruction.
- Amend training manual consulting with Executive Chef when necessary and ensure it is adhered by all team members.
- Manage, hire, train, and schedule all kitchen and delivery staff and cross-train as necessary. Develop and retain exceptional talent.
- Ensure all staff breaks and shifts adhere to schedule.
- Discipline staff as needed, perform write-ups, review, and terminate as needed, in consult with Executive Chef.
- Promote company's mission and values. Ensure company policy and brand standards are met and or exceeded.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- Excellent management skills in leading a diverse team and working under tight and dynamic deadlines.
- Strong organizational, planning, delegation, mentoring and coaching skills.
- Fine verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate across all lines of business, and with all levels of management.
- Strong P&L experience, understanding of food cost, labor cost and inventory functions and command of budgeting and costs controls
- Understand & practice safe working procedures: HACCP controls, FDA regulation, Milk and Dairy regulation, Chemical safety, and labor law.
- In depth knowledge and practice in baking and pastry production, and ice cream production is a plus.
- Strong Math skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Well versed with technology including: Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Accounting, Inventory and Payroll systems.
- Minimum 2 years management experience in high volume production facility with pastry or baking experience.
- Work efficiently & clean, able to stand an entire shift and lift up to 50 lbs. Able to adopt and work in hot and cold (80F to -12F with proper gear provided) environment.
- Understanding of Kosher procedures.
- Must have current and valid ServSafe Food Handler Certification.
At Sweet Rose Creamery we make small batches of hand-crafted ice cream daily in our kitchen in Santa Monica. We use only the best ingredients we can get our hands on including organic milk and cream from Clover Farms, organic eggs from Chino Valley Ranchers, fresh fruit and nuts from our favorite famers at the Santa Monica Farmers’ Market and more. Our kitchen is 100% GMO free and kosher certified, and we make our own toppings, sauces and cones daily as well. We hope you enjoy eating our ice cream as much as we love making it.~
Role: Kitchen Manager/Quality Control
Location: Santa Monica,
Apply for this job now.