Support Worker - £8.91 per hour plus £500 welcome bonus* - Due to continued growth, we are urgently seeking both full time (35 hours per week) and temporary (Bank) Support Workers to join our team in Hereford
**Please note that in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are offering video or telephone interviews - please ensure you include a mobile telephone number within your application**
There has never been a better time to join adult Social Care than right now!
During these uncertain times, one thing that is for sure is that joining our team at Lyndale will be fulfilling and rewarding, offering you stability with the opportunity to grow and develop your career further. Many of our Managers and Team Leaders joined us as a Support Worker and through ongoing training and coaching they are continuing to move further up the accomplish ladder!
Lyndale is a residential and supported living service based in Hereford, providing support for people with Learning Disabilities and Physical Disabilities. The residential home supports up to 10 adults, offering a variety of supportive pathways, personalised to suit each person’s specific needs. We are focused on the strengths, interests and dreams of each person we support.
As a Support Worker, you will be involved in the day to day support of the people within the service including (but not limited to) help with personal care, budgeting, shopping, cleaning, cooking, laundry and assistance with medication. Each and every person we support is unique so we encourage our teams to get creative, promoting each individuals independence, choice and dignity whilst still having plenty of fun along the way.
Experience within the care sector is not essential as we offer full training, however what you do need is the enthusiasm and commitment to live our company values every day to ensure we move mountains to support people to live happy and healthy lives.
Why join us:
- Annual leave - 5.6 weeks holiday per year
- DBS Check - we cover the cost of your DBS check and further renewals
- Duvet Days - get rewarded for coming into work with an extra day off for full attendance
- Cycle to Work Scheme - a healthy way to travel to work
- Wellbeing Support, Advice and Guidance - via our Employee Assistance Program though an online portal or over the telephone
- Qualifications - we can support you to obtain a range of QCF’s opening up further career opportunities
- Staff Referral Scheme - earn up to a generous £1,000 for referring a friend to join our team at accomplish
- Induction- We pay for you to attend our comprehensive induction and on-going training
- Accomplish Stars - All of our employees are stars in our eyes and do some amazing things each and every day. Our employees can be awarded with an Accomplish Star and each month, a star is rewarded with a fantastic prize
- Discounts at Highstreet retailers, days out, gifts, holidays and even when buying a car - available via a Blue Light card that you will have access to as a Health and Social Care Employee
- Long Service Awards - receive 2 weeks extra annual leave and 2 weeks’ pay for reaching 10 years’ service!
- Health Scheme - employees can opt into paying for a cash healthcare plan through their salary. This enables employees to claim back money towards general day to day healthcare such as opticians and dentists
- *Welcome bonus - paid in two halves, one upon joining and one upon passing probation
- Relocation Package - If your dream role is just a little too far away, why not relocate and let accomplish offer some financial support to your move. We will pay up to £1,000 towards the cost of your relocation - terms and conditions apply
Apply now and one of our team will be in touch to discuss how you can begin your rewarding career - No agencies please
Please note that due to the vulnerable nature of the people that we support, all applicants must be over the age of 18
Please note that From 11 November 2021, all care home workers, and anyone entering a residential care home setting in England will need to be fully vaccinated (2 doses), unless they are exempt under the regulations. If you are not vaccinated, medically exempt or do not wish to receive the vaccine, please discuss this with the recruitment team at the point of application.