Company: GULFSTREAM GOODWILL INDUSTRIES
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Assist management staff with guest service including, questions, issues, refunds, exchanges and with the utilization/training of retail associates.
- Assist store management with daily retail store operations including: cash handling, guest service, training and utilization of retail associates, store opening/closing
- Ensure a friendly guest experience by resolving issue, answering questions, and processing exchanges and refunds.
- Assist with the deployment and break schedules of retail associates to ensure maximum coverage is obtained.
- Provide feedback to management to improve store layout, store cleanliness, visual merchandising, and employee performance.
- Assist with balance of sales receipts, daily cash reports and discrepancy reports.
- Remain observant of all activity on the sales floor to identity theft, prevent shrinkage and eliminate hazards.
- Direct the work of store personnel: provide assistance, direction and training to maximize daily store operations.
- Ability to present and communicate the mission and purpose of goodwill as well as explain various policies in a positive manner to both employees and guests.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Demonstrate by words and actions the commitment to the goodwill mission to help people with disability and other barriers to become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
- Perform or assist with any duties or operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements
- Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedure and equipment operating rules, keeping working area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Participate in any variety of meetings to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and keep current with new developments, requirements, and policies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Experience and education equivalent to High School diploma or GED
- Minimum one (1) year previous cashier, sales, or public contact experience preferred.
- Basic cash handling experience, ability to count accurately and return correct change.
- Back computer, cash register, and POS experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and fluently in English and understand written/verbal instructions.
- Ability to follow instructions and attentive to details
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of people in a positive manner; excellent guest relation skills, with ability to resolve issues.
- Ability to work flexible and atypical hours, including evening, weekends, and holidays.
- General retail environment
- Repetitive pushing, pulling, stretching, reaching, kneeling stooping, bending and bagging of goods
- Prolonged periods of standing, walking and sitting
- Ability to lift and carry 20 lbs. minimum
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Computer and peripherals, word processing, spreadsheets and software programs, cash registers, tagging/pricing equipment, lift gear as well as standard store, office and safety equipment.
Powered by JazzHR