Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Chief Engineer
The maintenance engineer is responsible for hotel guestroom preventive maintenance and assists in the repairs and
maintenance of hotel equipment.
- Respond to all guest’s requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Complete work order requests in a timely manner.
- Maintain all mechanical areas in an orderly and clean condition.
- Inspect public areas daily for any issues.
- Repairs may include plumbing, electrical, heating, cooling, ventilation, furnishing and fixtures, painting, wall cover repairs, light carpentry, door and window repairs.
- Maintain the Rooms Preventative Maintenance Program and consistently keep updated records on file.
- Have knowledge of swimming pool maintenance and chemicals.
- Effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers and supervisors. Follow company policies and procedures.
- Perform skilled repair and maintenance operations using power tools, hand tools, welding equipment.
- Maintain working spaces in safe and clean condition.
- Know hotels emergency procedures and where all emergency shut-offs are located. Assist hotel Guests when necessary in case of an emergency.
- Perform special projects assigned a time set for each project.
- Support environmental commitments by having the knowledge, skills and values to be a leader in the global goal of “greening” the hospitality industry.
- Watch for safety hazard
- Be ready and willing to complete the job as necessary.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Prior Maintenance experience
- Has thorough knowledge and understanding of general repairs and maintenance.
- Must possess very good interpersonal and communication skills; will be interfacing with a high percentage of guests as well as other staff members.
- Must be flexible to work all shifts, may be required to work overtime on occasion when the department is short of staff.
- The ability to listen, learn, be helpful in all situations and make the most sound decisions toward the resolution of a potential problem.
Welcome to the brand new Homewood Suites New Orleans French Quarter hotel. This contemporary, all-suite hotel offers the perfect home away from home, ideal for short trips or extended stays in New Orleans.
Our hotel is ideally located in the historic French Quarter, providing easy access to popular attractions such as Jackson Square, Bourbon Street and the Saenger Theater. Business travelers will appreciate our close proximity to the Central Business District and New Orleans BioMedical District, while sports fans enjoy being near the Mercedes-Benz Superdome and the Smoothie King Center.
You’ll feel at home from the moment you arrive at our hotel. Wake up each morning to a free, full hot breakfast and enjoy our complimentary evening dinner and drinks* Monday - Thursday. Our spacious studio, one and two bedroom suites feature all the comforts of home including two HDTV’s, complimentary WiFi and a fully equipped kitchen.
Keep up your exercise routine in the fitness center or simply relax with a dip in the pool. Our family friendly hotel also features a billiards room, putting green and an outdoor grill area, ideal for those warm summer evenings.
If you’re planning an event, we offer a meeting room which can cater to events with up to 75 guests.
Role: Maintenance Engineer
Location: New Orleans,
Apply for this job now.