The Director of Social Services at the Center Against Domestic Violence ensures the effective delivery of social services to individuals and their family members who have experienced or witnessed domestic violence.
Responsibilities & Skills
- Ensure that social service delivery meets all internal and external standards.
- Assume responsibility for the facility and staff in the absence of the Shelter Director.
- Oversee hotline calls, shelter screening, admission, and discharge of residents in consultation with the Shelter Director.
- Notify Shelter Director and other appropriate staff of new arrivals and discharges.
- Assign caseloads to Case Managers and Housing Specialists.
- Review and approve case notes, housing notes, and group notes, and ensure that case records contain all required documentation.
- Compile and review for accuracy daily census statistics for submission to Central Office and Human Resources Administration (HRA) in a timely fashion.
- On call twenty-four hours a day.
- Proven ability to provide appropriate social services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of domestic violence issues/concepts.
- Sensitivity to diverse cultural needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience Required
- Licensed MSW with three (3) years experience working with victims of domestic violence and their dependent children.
- Three (3) years prior supervisory experience.
The Center Against Domestic Violence is dedicated to preventing violence within the family and to promoting the well-being and economic independence of women and children through safe shelters, a network of supportive services, advocacy, coalitions, education and resource information services.
Role: Director of Social Services
Location: New York,
Apply for this job now.