Health Information Management clerks formerly Medical records clerks classify, store, retrieve, and update the information for patients from various reports, documents, and other communications that are generated in connection with the medical evaluation, treatment, and follow-up care information. They examine incoming material and organize and store the documents according to FCHC’s electronic filing system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares medical documents for scanning
- Scans medical documents into electronic medical records database
- Indexes medical documents scanned into electronic medical record
- Resolves Ling Logic errors
- Processes medical record requests for release of information (via telephone, mail, in person, fax)
- Collects payments for medical records requests
- Faxes confidential information as required according to departmental policies and procedures
- Enters all medical records release of information requests and payments into Tracking Database
- Maintains confidentiality of all records
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Training and Experience
- High School Graduate or GED Equivalent
- Computer skills
- Ability to type 30/wpm
- Medical terminology
- Proven ability to apply critical thinking skills
- Proven ability to interpret policies and procedures
- Proven ability to build positive relationships with co-workers and staff
- Advanced oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/responsibilities
- Advanced problem solving skills
Family Christian Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and a fully integrated behavioral health, dental and primary care system.
The mission of the Health Center is to provide excellent healthcare to the community that communicates in word and deed the love and Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Role: Medical Records Clerk
Apply for this job now.