First Light is seeking a highly-motivated research associate to join our dynamic assay development team. Successful candidates will work collaboratively with other research associates and scientists to support the development, verification, and validation of high performance immuno- and direct cell detection-based assays in preparation for FDA submission. You will design and execute experiments, conduct data analysis, and document results. You will also interface with engineers and software developers to develop and validate automated sampling and analysis methods.
· Taking part in collaborative studies required for product development, including feasibility, development, verification, and validation
· Understand and consistently follow documented procedures such as SOPs, Work Instructions, etc.
· Document experimental results completely, accurately, and timely
· Maintaining compliance within the First Light Quality Management System
· Present data and write reports for an interdisciplinary audience.
· Experience following standard operating procedures and work instructions
· Extensive wet-lab experience, preferably in a BL2 or higher laboratory environment, with a strong working knowledge of proper preparation of solutions and sterile technique
· Familiarity in handling potentially infectious human samples such as blood, plasma, stool, urine, etc.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Knowledge in the use of analytical software such as JMP or Minitab will be a plus
· Experience with standard molecular biology techniques (PCR, qPCR, FISH) and immunoassay techniques (conjugation, antibody selection) will be a plus
· Self-motivated, organized, able to prioritize and organize time effectively
· Excellent record keeping, with good written and oral communication skills
· Highly organized, good attention to detail, able to complete assigned tasks on time
· Proactively communicates with supervisor and team
· Motivated to find ways to improve personal and company efficiency
· BS in a life science field with 0-5 years (2-5 years preferred) of experience in a laboratory setting, preferability in IVD or molecular diagnostics field.
· Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
· Only local candidates will be considered at this time.
Competitive salary and benefits. Title and compensation depend on experience and education.
Please apply by email only to #removed# To insure proper processing include the Job Code RASEP18ZRin the subject line of the email.
First Light Biosciences is developing breakthrough automated In-vitro Diagnostic (IVD) products for rapid, sensitive, automated, and cost-effective detection of the microbes that cause infections. The products address the key medical need to rapidly determine the right antibiotic to treat life-threatening infections. Based on its proprietary MultiPathTM digital imaging technology, First Light’s products combine rapid identification (ID) of pathogens with same-shift antibiotic susceptibility testing (AST), directly from patient samples without organism culture. The technology also detects other biomarkers with high specificity and sensitivity, enabling many other applications.
First Light Biosciences offers growth potential and a stimulating environment with a culture of excellence in science, engineering, and business. You will be part of an integrated, interdisciplinary team developing powerful new medical diagnostic products using advanced immunochemical, nanoparticle, and digital imaging technologies.
Role: Research Associate
Apply for this job now.