Hours: 35 hours per week, (5 over 7 - Sunday included)
At Menzies Distribution we have been delivering across the UK since 1833, we can reach areas that other cannot. Today, we are Logistic UK's most innovative business of the year, with a strong focus on the future, sustainability, and innovation - We keep moving forwards.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Yard Marshall to join our Newstrade team! The succesful candidate will play a vital role in supporting our business to deliver a world class service and time critical newspapers & magazines on a daily basis.
And, let's not forget, you'll be joining one of the UK's largest and most recognised distribution brands, where career, personal development and going the 'extra mile' is at the heart of our company ethos.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Responsible for the coordination and movement of vehicles and trailers on and off bays as required.
- Work within the Health & Safety Guidelines set out by the Company.
- Be aware, understand and adhere to the risk assessments applicable to you.
- Operate all machinery correctly and do not operate any that you have not been trained on.
- Ensure Transport Supervisor receives regular updates of activity on the yard.
- Identify risks, hazards and opportunities across the yard, and report back immediately.
- Undertake full yard checks in line with the required standards and at the compulsory intervals whilst on shift.
- Follow correct processes to ensure the correct loads are attached to the correct trailers using relevant site systems.
- Provide regular updates to the Management Team of yard activity.
- Coordinate with Gatehouse Staff and Cover Gatehouse when required.
- Provide the Transport Manager with a list of discrepancies in the yard and solutions on how to resolve discrepancies
WHAT YOU NEED
- Positive 'can do' and hardworking approach to work
- Appetite for supporting colleagues
- Problem-solving skills
- An ability to prioritise and manage tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working to strict deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Previous experience in a similar role
HOW WE WILL REWARD YOU
In addition to a competitive remuneration package and company benefits, we provide ongoing development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
- 31 Days Annual Leave (Pro-Rota)
- Pension Scheme
- Life Cover
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye Care
At Menzies Distribution Limited, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.