Primary responsibility is to ensure that high standards of customer satisfaction are maintained by the Front End personnel and assists the department as needed. Responsible for the overall operation of a grocery store’s front end, including parking lot, entrance, vendor areas, check-out, booth. Supervises the Front End Staff (cashiers, sackers, go-backs and maintenance). Responsible for store operation when store manager and assistant manager are not there.
Essential Job Functions:
- Customer Satisfaction
- Refunds / Voids Process
- Pick-ups Process
- End of the Day Cashier Reports
- Incoming Calls
- Daily Reports
- Rain Checks Process
- Item Refund Policy
- Managing Customer Flow
- Supporting Cashiers
- General Skills / Procedures
- F/E Opening, Crunch, Closing Efficiencies
- Handling Coupons
- LP Dept Codes / Policies
- Overseeing Cashiers Shortages
- New Cashiers Properly Trained; Cashiers Training Paperwork is completed
- Responsible for performing assistant manager job duties in his/her absence
- Responsible for controlling payroll of store.
- Writing schedule for cashiers, sacker, maintenance, baskets and go-backs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The incumbent must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities required for satisfactory performance.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Customer Service satisfaction
- Able to conduct proper training
- Ability to supervise the department personnel
- Ability to understand, read and record department’s invoices and paperwork
- Computer literacy skills
- Communication skills: verbal and listening English and Spanish
- Decision making
- Time Management skills
- Bilingual- English/Spanish
- Good Work Ethics
- Honest, trustworthy and respectful
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or GED equivalent required; Prior customer service experience
Physical Requirements andPercentage of Work Time Spent on Activity:
Seeing: Must be able to see well enough to read reports- 75%-100%
Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers, vendors and employees-75%-100%
Standing/Walking: Must be able to move about department-75%-100%
Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to stoop or kneel to pick up reports, papers- 0-24%
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to type and use technical sources -5%-100%
El Rancho Supermarket opened its doors in 1988, and since then has been dedicated to making the Hispanics living in the United States feel at home. We provide the highest quality products and freshest produce in great variety, just as if you were in Mexico.
We are always attentive to your needs, and will serve you in a clean and pleasant environment so that your shopping is always a pleasant experience. Our goal is to exceed your expectations.
At El Rancho, we aim to inspire passion by providing that "At Home"
atmosphere every time a customer or an employee enters our stores.
Founded by strong family values, we are committed to bring in the highest quality products at the lowest possible price.
Our vision is to make our motto "Rancho For Life"- a reality by building a strong life-time relationship with our customers. Our goal is to keep your family traditions alive every time you shop with us.
Role: Customer Service Manager
Apply for this job now.