Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside Hackney Council to provide them a with a Head of Revenues join their team on a Contract Basis!
Rate - Negotiable depending upon experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a high performing service and play a crucial role in delivering services to one of London's most dynamic and diverse boroughs. The interim Head of Revenues will lead the service's recovery from the impacts of COVID-19 and a major cyberattack, and development of our future service model for collection of income - delivering our ambition for a 'One Council' approach for collection and debt recovery.
- To lead, manage, direct and develop the Revenues Service in a way, which is consistent with, and adds value to the Council's core values, vision, organisational beliefs and strategic aims in accordance with Council policy, Standing Orders and Financial Regulations.
- To be responsible for formulating and reviewing policies and procedures that effectively ensures accurate and efficient collection of local taxation on behalf of the Council.
- To lead and ensure the provision of an efficient, cost effective, user focused and high quality service to customers.
- To lead a diverse and heavy workload in an environment of constantly shifting priorities, including complex legislative changes and operational demands
- At least 3 years senior management experience within a Revenues and Benefits Service.
- Experience of managing a large number of staff across a range of grades and the ability to successfully deal with employee relations issues i.e. organisational change and absence management.
- Extensive knowledge of Council Tax and NNDR Legislation and Regulations and sound knowledge of other types of debt collected by local authorities.
- Experience of performance management and quality management systems.
- Experience of implementing and using new technology to improve services.
- Experience of effective partnership working with agencies and stakeholders
If you wish to be put forward for this role, please apply and contact Khalsa Singh @ Spencer Clarke group - firstname.lastname@example.org
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here atpencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers