RESPONSIBILITIES AND SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Review and manage staff deliverables including tax returns, extensions, tax planning calculations, and write-up work for all entity types (C-Corp, S-Corp, Partnership, Fiduciary, Non Profit, gift, multi state and state).
- Review Compiled financial statements for Corporations, Not for Profit entities, Partnerships, and Individuals, including workpapers, accounting and adjusting entries, bank reconciliations, and client books and records.
- Prepare and review complex tax planning projections for individual and corporate estimated tax liability.
- Manage and monitor client deliverables and due dates.
- Prepare complex U.S. and multi-state income tax returns for business entities, including consolidated and nonconsolidated C-corporations, S-Corporations, Partnerships, Fiduciary, and Non-Profit Organizations.
- Prepare complex U.S. and state individual income, gift tax, and estate tax returns.
- Conduct complex tax research and prepare memorandum outlining findings and conclusions.
- Respond to IRS and state agency audits, inquires, and tax notices. Communicate with IRS and clients in connection with audits, inquires, and tax notices.
- Delegate projects to staff that can handle them most efficiently and provide accounting and tax assistance to staff as needed.
- Communicate directly with existing clients, colleagues, management, and IRS representatives regarding various tax matters.
- Assist with business development efforts, including but not limited to, meeting with prospective clients, preparing fee quotes and proposals, and evaluating clients’ needs.
- Lead department in knowledge of software, processes, and workflows.
- Assist with employee training for new hires and ongoing employee training.
- Engage in consulting and special projects as requested by Management and Clients.
- Takes direction and reports to the Partners of the tax department.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- CPA Certification required.
- Good oral and written communication
- Good time management and organizational skill
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Ultratax, and Adobe software.
- Proficient in QuickBooks or equivalent accounting software desired. At minimum, must have sound knowledge of basic functionality of QuickBooks or equivalent accounting software.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- CPA certification required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other major with tax and accounting (through intermediate) course work completed.
- Minimum of five years of experience preparing all types of tax returns with a public CPA firm or private company.
- Minimum of two years reviewing all types of tax returns and compiled financial statements with a public CPA firm or private company.
Role: Tax Manager
Apply for this job now.