Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum, Inc benefits
Head of Accounts Payable
Head of Accounts Payable role
Primarily responsible for leading the accounts payable function both for vehicle purchasing and general suppliers, allocating work to accounts assistants and senior purchase ledger assistant, maintaining the accounts payable ledger, processing supplier invoices, making associated payments and dealing with supplier queries, ensuring that all transactions and records kept are timely and accurate and that robust controls are maintained.
Group Financial Controller
- Lead the accounts payable team, taking full ownership of the AP function.
- Day to day supervision of accounts assistants in the accounts payable team, allocating tasks as appropriate ensuring that the agreed accounts payable process is adhered to and that the following duties are carried out –
- Carry out regular performance appraisals for AP staff
- Provide weekly unallocated cash report
- Provide monthly aged creditors report detailing reasons for all items 60 days and older
- Distribute supplier invoices to the leadership team for approval as appropriate.
- Post approved supplier invoices to the ledger ensuring that the correct nominal detail is entered.
- Ensure that all incoming invoices electronically by supplier using the folder system provided.
- Fully reconcile and evidence the reconciliation of supplier statements to include obtaining copies of any missing documentation.
- Maintain a register of supplier terms to form the basis of selection for payment runs.
- Produce a weekly payment run ensuring sign off has been obtained.
- Ensure that payments for vehicle purchases are made and reconciled
- Raise ad hoc supplier payments ensuring that any payment raised has corresponding invoices entered into our accounting systems prior to payment.
- Ensure that transactions made on company credit cards are entered into the accounting system accurately.
- Keep supplier details up to date including full contact detail data capture.
- Ensure that any costs entered directly into Gemini by the sales administration team, such as transport costs and buyer fees are accurate and reconcile to the supplier invoices.
- Ensure that vehicle purchase invoices processed by the sales administration team have been correctly entered onto Gemini prior to raising payment to the vehicle vendor.
- Remove transport / preparation costs from the stock book records if requested by a member of the senior accounting team to facilitate cancellation of vehicles.
- Assist in maintaining the Accounts Payable inbox ensuring that all incoming emails are dealt with and urgent issues prioritised.
- Deal with all internal and external queries promptly and efficiently
- Contribute fully to the continuous improvement of the Accounts Payable function, identifying and bringing suggested changes to the attention of your line manager.
- Any other duties that may be reasonably required.