MERJE are delighted to be exclusively partnering a specialist Government backed organisation focussed on investment of efficient energy technology in the search for a Financial Accountant.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, to lead on all aspects of financial accounting/reporting, both for statutory purposes and also the monthly financial reporting
Key responsibilities and duties
- Lead on the preparation of IFRS statutory accounts for the year end and all relevant audit working schedules.
- Lead on the preparation of the monthly IFRS adjusted trial balance to be submitted.
- Preparation of monthly IFRS 9 workings/amortization and relevant journals on the financial instruments (loan receivables) for inclusion in the monthly accounts
- Supporting with technical accounting advice and lead on any future accounting projects.
- Providing support for Finance Systems implementation.
- As and when required, to write accounting papers for senior management with excellent communication skills and good structure.
- Provide support as relevant to the team on the production of monthly management accounts.
- Provide support as relevant to the team on the preparation of the annual budget.
- To work with members of the finance team and other relevant teams on the review/update/or preparation of finance policies and procedures
- Continuous improvement of the finance systems and processes
Being a qualified accountant you will have a Minimum 5 years of working experience – Financial accounting, preparation of statutory accounts or group reporting for consolidation purpose and familiar with accounting standards (especially IFRS).
Initially the role will be on a 12month Fixed Term basis however a longer term requirement may exist
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.