POSITION SUMMARY: Controls traffic around construction sites.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Controls movement of vehicular traffic through construction projects.
- Assess and develop traffic routing plans, and type and location of control points with supervisor / customer.
- Distributes traffic control signs and markers along site in designated pattern.
- Controls movement of traffic through site, using sign, hand, and flag signals.
- Warns construction workers when approaching vehicle fails to heed signals to prevent accident and injury to workers.
- Informs drivers of detour routes through construction sites.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to all customers. Includes on-time arrival and well managed work zones.
- Drive Company trucks as needed.
- Daily job assignments may vary throughout the region.
- Keep equipment in trucks well organized and in working order.
- Other Duties not listed may apply.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Excellent attendance required, dependable transportation, good work ethic
- Able to multitask and works well in a team environment, respects authority
- Must follow safety regulations and wear proper safety equipment (work boots, hard hat, and safety vest )
- Valid driver's License is required. Candidates must submit to a background, drug and driving checks.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Work is performed outdoors at construction sites dealing with inclement weather.
- Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required.
- Proper lifting techniques required which may include lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Require standing for long periods of time.
- Maybe exposed to hazardous tools and equipment.
If interested please fill out an application at 1782 North Reading Rd, Stevens, PA on Thurs 10am-2pm or online at trafficplan.com.
Traffic Plan provides traffic safety solutions to Utility Companies, Municipalities, and Private Contractors throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Traffic Plan will design, submit, and implement the traffic control plan to protect your workers, equipment, and the general public in a safe and professional manner.
Role: Traffic Control Technician
Apply for this job now.