Mechanical Project Manager
The Project Manager is responsible for all financial, staffing, administrative aspects of the project. They are ultimately responsible for the entire project with the support of the Lead and Project Team. Their role is to supervise their projects, ensuring conformance, timeliness and profitability of contractual agreements. They should work on projects as assigned to them while also marketing to new and existing clients.
· Prepare proposals.
· Participate in presentations to clients.
· Participates in preparation of contractual agreements with clients.
· Understands the requirements of the contract with the client.
· Coordinates with the Lead to develop a project task list to define the scope of work.
· Budgets each task for the project.
· Participates in selection of a project team.
· Coordinates with the Lead to assign projects tasks to team members.
· Schedules project team weekly.
· Answers questions and gives daily guidance to staff.
· Responsible for the accuracy and quality of all technical work.
· Monitors project tasks to maintain budget, schedule and scope of work.
· Requests and obtains approval before performing services outside scope of work.
· Recognizes problems quickly and if necessary seeks advice from Operations Committee.
· Develops professional skills of project team members.
· Responsible for written work submitted to the client.
· Maintains contact with client during and after project completion.
· Provide project information in the company data base for future projects including scope, size, budget and client information.
· Promote the use of and participate in the development of design and production standards.
· Maintain a substantial knowledge of applicable building codes and understand updates.
· Follow, research, maintain and update client design standards.
· Provide document reviews for quality control and coordinate peer reviews for adherence to internal and external design standards.
· Communicate professionally project and company information within the company and externally with clients and other design professionals.
· Coordinate internal Project Team meetings and attend client design meetings.
· Coordinate quarterly HR Team Meetings.
· Communicate to the Project Team staffing expectations, deadlines and changes in scope or additional services.
· Be sensitive to architectural goals and strategies until they compromise the engineering systems.
· Responsible for communicating a staff evaluation at the completion projects this should cover communication skills, technical competence and efficiency and offer suggestions for improvement.
· Communicate of new ideas and mentor Project Teams in your areas of expertise.
· Communicate budget, work expectations and communication to complete a quality project on time and budget.
· Complete weekly time sheet.
· Complete monthly expense reports.
· Keep information clear and organized.
· Coordinate contracts, fee proposals, budgets, billings, staffing, scope of work and status for active projects.
· Produce additional service requests.
· Participate in proposal and client agreement preparations.
· Understand contract requirements.
· Review invoices before client distribution.
· Assist in collection of past due accounts.
· Write proposals, reviewing them with Principals and Partners as needed. Contracts to be signed by Principals.
· Maintain client relationships during and after projects.
· Interact professionally with owners, architects, contractors and other design professionals through written documentation, email communication, phone calls and meetings.
· Maintain positive work relationships both internally and externally.
· Make technical presentations throughout the industry. (Design meetings, AIA continuing education seminars, Project presentations, interviews, etc.)
Personnel & Policies:
· Present yourself professionally for the work environment in both dress and conduct.
· Complete staff performance reviews.
· Answer questions and give daily guidance to staff.
· Manage any personnel issues and work to help resolve them.
· Follow all MCE Policies and Procedures.
· Participate in selection of project teams, assigning projects tasks, determine budgets and schedule team members.
· Evaluate staff, recognize positives and negatives and communicate them.
· Act as an HR Team Leader to staff.
· Lead the Project Team on projects.
· Provide mentorship, education and development of the Project Team.
· Act as resource for questions.
· Assist in the development of project team members’ technical and professional competency.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
10+ years’ experience.
Proficient in the use of current technology, including hardware and software applications.
General knowledge of all aspects of systems design.
Bachelor of Science from an accredited technical University in mechanical or electrical engineering OR Technical or associate degree from an accredited technical institution or college in the engineering design areas of HVAC, plumbing or electricity.
Capable of managing multiple projects and multiple project teams.
Job knowledge, communication, leadership, planning, teamwork, decision making, judgment and problem-solving skills.
Russell Tobin, one of the nation’s leading professional recruitment and staffing advisory firms, offers a tailored approach to helping organizations connect with direct hire and contract employees across a variety of skill-sets and industries. Having a depth and breadth of industry expertise, our talent advisers and recruitment specialists are able to provide customized and swift solutions to fulfill client and candidate hiring needs. We work with each and every candidate to assess their respective goals and subsequently build a comprehensive and transparent road-map for achieving a successful placement. We take great pride in cultivating an open and honest relationship with our clients and candidates in an effort to create a long-term relationship.Our dedication to results, along with our reputation built on a consistent and successful track record of placing candidates, enables us to continuously provide best-in-class services. Russell Tobin is a division of Pride Global, a minority-owned integrated human capital solutions firm headquartered in New York with operating companies throughout the United States, Canada, India and Brazil. Pride Global companies focus on a diverse array of services including vendor management, payroll programs, business process optimization, and staffing for both direct hire and contingent labor. Follow Russell Tobin on Facebook: # Russell Tobin on Instagram: @russelltobin
Role: Mechanical Project Manager
Apply for this job now.