Supervisor: Senior Estimator
Compensation: FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Location: Kirkland, Washington
The Estimating Intern works as part of a team to prepare estimates for construction projects.
- Reviews proposal specifications and drawings
- Generates detailed scopes of work
- Prepares material quantity takes-offs
- Solicits and obtains material and subcontractor quotes
- Develops subcontractor and supplier relationships, which requires telephone and in-person outreach
- Identifies and reports errors, ambiguities, and missing information in contract documents
- Supports the bid day closing of the estimate
- Assists with post-bid analysis
- Completes work on time in a professional and competitive manner
- Maintains positive relations with clients, subcontractors, and the community
- Communicates effectively with team members
- Works as part of a team in an office-setting
- Exhibits moral and ethical behavior in all business and personal activities in accordance with Osborne’s Code of Business Ethics and Conduct Policy
- Follows company safety policies and procedures
Essential Skills and Experience
- Willingness to learn, self-motivated with a passion for the construction industry.
- Seeking a Bachelor’s Degree in construction management, construction science, architecture, or engineering or currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in construction management, construction science, architecture, or engineering plus previous internship experience
- Ability to read and understand civil, architectural and structural drawings, plans and specifications
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Osborne is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or any employee because of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected category.
Osborne maintains a drug and alcohol-free work place. Drug tests are performed by Osborne for the following: pre-employment, post-accident, randomly, and for cause.
This Organization Participates in E-Verify.
Benefits depend on hours worked.
OSBORNE CONSTRUCTION COMPANY is an employee-owned general contracting firm that performs a wide variety of construction projects in the western United States and Alaska. We have been providing quality construction for 30 years. Our personnel are highly motivated professionals who have the experience, knowledge, and dedication to safely complete high-quality projects. We accomplish a majority of our work with our own forces and our own equipment. Clients include federal, state, and local governments, oil companies, mining companies, electronics companies, retailers, and private developers. Typical projects include commercial, industrial, or residential buildings, design-build, civil, site development, utilities, and engineering work. These projects range in size up to $250,000,000 + million.
Osborne Construction's demonstrated experience, over the years, has resulted in a base of satisfied clients. We bring proactive leadership, quality projects with major emphasis on safety, as well as emphasizing on-time completion within budget. Our internal ability to manage complicated and challenging projects has made us unique in our field as a General Contractor.
Role: Estimating Intern
Apply for this job now.