Health, Safety Environment (HSE) Manager - Up to £55,000 + Bonus + Package - Southampton & Regional
Principal People are delighted to have been exclusively retained by a South Coast by a commercial marina business who are currently recruiting for a HSE Manager to head up their safety & environmental function.
The role will be a mixture of working from home, working from the Southampton based office and travelling to sites across the South Coast.
You will be responsible for acting as the standalone conduit between operations and HSE, building relationships with a range of different stakeholders including operations staff, tenants, contractors, governing bodies and company Directors.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- The organisation have thrived in the last 12 months, despite the COVID-19 pandemic and are heavily investing in improvements across the company with plans to expand
- The company already have some great fundamentals in place with regards to the management systems and policies that exist in relation to HSE - so you will have free reign to improve this as well as focussing on enhancing the safety culture - without having to start something completely from scratch
- There is a huge variety of operations, with the opportunity to influence across a number of different sites. So there are always new experiences and situations that will arrive to keep you stimulated in the role
- There is an opportunity to apply your expertise in not just health and safety, but also environmental matters too
As the HSE Manager, you will be:
- Building relationships across a network of different members of staff internally and externally, driving and improving safety & environmental culture proactively
- Liaising with governing bodies and external agencies to ensure the company is keeping up to date with legislation changes
- Taking ownership of maintaining and improving the company's ISO45001 and ISO14001 management systems
- Reactively managing HS&E matters, accidents and investigations
As the HSE Manager, you will:
- Have experience of working in a Managerial level role within health and safety, with some experience of Environmental / ISO14001
- Be a commutable distance from Southampton with a full UK driving license
- Ideally hold a degree level qualification in Health and Safety (NEBOSH Diploma, NCRQ 6, NVQ 4/5, BSc / MSc in Health and Safety), however NEBOSH General certificate will be considered alongside relevant experience
To be considered for this opportunity, please click apply or send your CV directly to Zac Wilson or Lauren Alsop at Principal People on #removed# or #removed#.