Circa £36,855 - £40,638 per annum
RecPool Group is one of the UK's leading providers of permanent recruitment solutions to the Nursing, Health and Social Care sectors and we offer bespoke consultancy services to clients and candidates alike.
Our well established client are currently seeking an Eating Disorders Practitioner / Eating Disorders Therapist, (6 month contract), to join our Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)
The hospital is a 60 bed Tier 4 CAMHS hospital for young people aged 12 -18 years with a range of mental health disorders and includes the following units:
- To develop as a newly appointed Eating Disorders Practitioner / Therapist; to become an autonomous and independent practitioner within the inpatient adolescent Eating Disorders Service.
- To act as an Eating Disorder Practitioner / Therapist for the inpatient adolescent Eating Disorder Service and under supervision, provide effective care, expertise, advice and support to the team, and others who are involved with young people that are presenting with eating issues thus ensuring a high quality care to young people and families.
- To complete risk and mental health assessments within the context of the Eating
- Disorder Service ensuring highly competent practice within the identified time frame set by NICE.
- To provide comprehensive recommendations and advice to young people with eating disorders their families and others involved with the young person.
- To act as a designated resource to young people and families, and other professionals caring for them
- To facilitate the development of the eating disorders service, as part of a multidisciplinary team and to promote an innovative and progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care through research and evidence based practice.
- Depending on experience: Role may be required to provide supervision to more junior staff
The successful candidate will be a qualified Psychologist, CBT/DBT Therapist, Mental Health Nurse or Occupational Therapist with proven experience of working as a Mental Health Professional. The successful candidate will have a genuine interest in working with eating disorders patients and their families, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be computer / smart phone literate and be able to work as part of a team.
- A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
- Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
- A range of staff discounts
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Access to Myfamilycare services which provides support and information at critical life events including access to experts and emergency care services
Apply for this job now.