Reports to: Materials Manager
The Material Planner is responsible for coordinating and releasing of direct material, meeting the production planning objectives.
To contribute to a work environment where fairness, equality and non-discriminatory practices are the standard.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Establish production schedules to meet customer release orders in requested amounts on time while maximizing effective utilization of production facilities.
- Provide customer contact support both internally and externally.
- Ensure production lines scheduling needs are satisfied.
- Provide a weekly customer delivery report to the Materials Manager.
- Publication of a daily production attainment report.
- Prepare and publish a work center efficiency report.
- Maintenance and daily responsibility of customer specific systems as required (Chrysler SMART, Ford DDL/CMMS, GM Supply Power, John Deere, and Volkswagen).
- Using material releases (830’s) and shipping schedules (862’s), plan and direct the material to ensure that each production line has the material required to meet production schedule requirements.
- Provide a weekly supplier delivery performance report to the Materials Manager.
- Contact person for all designated suppliers regarding daily orders and weekly forecasts.
- Assist with all cycle count activities.
- Maintain good communication with all levels of associates.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently, problem solving, and troubleshooting within the department.
- Responsible to ensure that his/her work area is clean and safe for himself/herself and others.
- Responsible to make recommendations to continuously improve YAPP Automotive Systems, Inc. capabilities.
- All accidents (person, product, or property related) must be reported to your direct supervisor immediately. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Time Management.
- Organizational Skills.
- Communication Proficiency, written and oral
- Strategic Thinking
- Ability to deal with change and handle multiple priorities..
There are no supervisory responsibilities with this position.
This role requires times in an office environment and in a manufacturing environment. This would require the ability to work at a computer for a length of time. This would require the ability to work at a computer for a length of time. This position must be able to lift, bend, stretch and stand for periods in a manufacturing environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to grasp small items, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Working overtime and/or weekends may be required as necessary.
Travel is primarily local during the business day.
Required Education and Experience
- BS Degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering or Degree related to the Materials Management.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in materials planning or related field
- 1 - 3 years of experience in employee supervision
Preferred Education and Experience
Experience using SAP
Forklift Training desirable.
Knowledge and experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment
Understanding supplier planning schedules and tracking supplier on tie delivery.
Knowledge and experience with KanBan Inventory Systems
Logistics and Transportation Knowledge
Understanding of FIFO Principles
Experience with computers using Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Outlook
Understanding customer satisfaction and requirements including customer supply
Knowledge and experience with Automotive Customer Web Portal desirable.
Supply Chain and Production Concepts.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Written/Oral Communications Skills
- Ability to deal with change and handle multiple priorities
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must have valid working documents to work in the United States.
YAPP USA Automotive Systems, Inc. is a world class, Tier 1 automotive supplier specializing in design, engineering and manufacturing of automotive fuel system solutions. Using injection-molded and co-extrusion technologies together with our industry-leading product development know-how, we produce unique multi-layer blow-molded fuel management systems and components. Fuel tank and fuel transfer systems provide improved highly durable construction, greater space utilization and corrosion resistance.
YAPP USA Automotive Systems, Inc. uses a proprietary blow molding process for filler pipe systems that enables a reduction in components required as well as improved product quality, for example, fuel filler pipes with molded in tabs and featuring multi-layer conductivity.
Role: Material Planner
Apply for this job now.